Daken strike tiles dissapear when they should not.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Example:

Daken does his blue ability Chemical Reaction with no strike tiles on the board. Damage is done. Two blue tiles get converted to green tiles.  The green tiles created form a match with other green tiles.  This triggers his passive ability Pheromone rage and forms a strike tile.  Match damage occurs, and new strike tile disappears, apparently eaten up by the Chemical Reaction.  I have seen this happen more than once, so it appears reproducible. What I am not sure is if the correct damage is being giving out by Chemical Reaction. 

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I know, it's a bug in the order of operations for Daken's powers, the damage numbers should be correct. Unfortunately the bug has been around for quite some time already, see for example http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/58700 . And apparently, it is 'not easy' to fix.

To summarize the bug: in the old, 'correct' situation, chemical reaction would process like this:
    • Deal base damage + bonus damage (based on the amount of strike tiles present on the current board)
    • Remove strike tiles
    • Convert blue tiles to green and resolve any green matches that occur. Also place strike tiles for these matches.
    In the current bugged situation:
    • Deal base damage
    • Convert blue tiles to green and resolve any green matches that occur. Also place strike tiles for these matches.
    • Deal bonus damage based on the amount of strike tiles present on the current board
    • Remove strike tiles

• whitecat31
    Hmm my bad  I only checked the last month for stuff, I should have gone back a little farther I guess. I assumed they fix things with a month, especially when they have time to come out with things like vaulting and nerfing characters.
  • whitecat31
    Hmm my bad  I only checked the last month for stuff, I should have gone back a little farther I guess. I assumed they fix things with a month, especially when they have time to come out with things like vaulting and nerfing characters.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    actually if one reads his power description this "bug" is actually the power working as it should