Devs: You aren't addressing the problem, you're taking away the one thing that makes it bearable

Tarheelmax
Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
I've seen in multiple places that the Devs think nerfing OML is for the "health of the game;" they couldn't be more wrong.

The "health of the game" isn't being affected by OML, it's being affected in PVE by the absolutely ridiculous scaling and game play issues. TEST THE GAME AT A HIGH LEVEL FOR ONCE, and maybe, just maybe,  you will start understanding what everyone is dealing with.

Instead, what you are doing is akin to this:

Basketball player sprains his ankle, he can hardly move around until finally his trainers add add wrapping to their supplies the players can use. The player uses the wrap and tapes up his ankle. It helps him greatly. Sure there is still plenty of pain ,but it lets him compete.

Then for some reason the trainer comes along and says, you have been using that wrap on your ankle 100% of the time you are playing, that's a problem, so screw you, use something else. Look, I have 100 tiny band aids you can choose from, pick one of them to play with - it's for the good of your game.

Again, stop ignoring the problem, stop trying to fix the problem but screwing over the only solution you ever gave the players.

FIX THE SCALING AND YOU WILL ACTUALLY FIX THE PROBLEM. 

Comments

• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    So true elvy... so true
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I for one, welcome our new BB/Thanos overlords. But yeah, he wasn't even a counter for them, as much as something that could allow you to survive against them. Now? Go die or buy some boosts/healthpacks.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll just make a new 5* character who's counter is to, once a turn, passively downgrade one charged tile per turn.  
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all about megawhales.  OML is old news to them.  Their game is Hawkeye and Thanos now.  Now that the mass are starting to catch up on oml, he's getting "over used."
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    At the 5* champ level, oml is the only thing that made grinding possible. If you are nerfing him, how about lowering nodes to only br hittable 3 times? I would gladly take the trade. I will never buy health regardless, but more time outside the game is welcome.

This nerf plus vaulting is about it for me. I was already sick of grinding, so just another excuse. You realize that vaulting made hoarding the only good possibility? Now I will open a few tokens until I dont have the opened char champed, and hoard iso until champ, then open more. Otherwise, it is a total waste. So even the fun of opening tokens is gone.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    I'm over 1k days into the game and pretty close to done with it. It's no longer fun to play. Every pvp match is Thanos. Pve is almost unplayable without OML and the insane scaling issues. Instead of leveling out the characters and giving us more options to use their solution is to turn a good toon into a pile of ****. Making another character better than the rest. Rinse & repeat.