No more guns token, solution for dupes

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
I think no guns tokens provides a good solution to 5 star dupes, any cover that can not be trained may be sold for a 5 star only token

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, that could be abused endlessly.  Don't like your 5* cover you just got?  Roster him, sell him and re-roll until you like it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Sorry, that could be abused endlessly.  Don't like your 5* cover you just got?  Roster him, sell him and re-roll until you like it.
    That wouldn't be an option, you could only sell from cover queue and only if untrainable. A rostered cover would sell for the standard 2k :iso8:
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    They clearly do not want a solution to this. This has been an ongoing issue for some time and easily fixed. They like hearing about you pulling a 5 star to only have to turn around and sell it for a piss amount of ISO.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Do we know if trading in a 6th color cover to this store might still  trigger the 5* bonus heroes with whatever we pull?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does seem like this could be implemented as a solution for duplicate covers.  For example, you get the 6th phx green that you can't actually apply.  Instead, you temporarily roster it and then resell it back to no guns store.

I still think 2 covers for 1 is an unreasonable exchange rate.  but they could tweak that number by making you spend iso, hp, or cp.

The rollout of this OML nerf was handled as well as Microsoft's rollout of Windows vista.  (which is to say embarrassingly amateurish), but some of the technology introduced in this nerf could be applied to the problem of duplicate covers 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I can't find this store anywhere in the game.  Has this been implemented?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc said:
    It's like the Elite and Standard token pages.  You don't see it unless you have a token.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    byc said:
    It's like the Elite and Standard token pages.  You don't see it unless you have a token.
    Ah I see.  I haven't sold my OML yet, so that would explain it.