Value from selling a character. How odes it work?

Supravenbull
Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
So with all the hype over OML and selling him and getting legendary tokens, I don't have him rostered but understand everyone's frustration but how is the value of other characters determined? Wasp was one of my early 4* I had rostered earning 3 covers when she was released. She's now 12 covers strong and recently leveled her up to max. I always noticed she was worth some amount of HP and more iso than other 4*.  3 days ago after leveling her she was worth 132716 Iso (or something random close to that) and 4500 HP. I seriously contemplated selling her, especially when the countdown bug is resolved, in order to grab 4 roster spots. Today she is only worth 44k iso. 

What gives? is this a system in the game i've never noticed? How often does it update? I don't remember reading any patch notes on nerfing her, in fact recently she was buffed 1 or 2 updates ago.

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    any buffs or nerfs u get increased HP to sell.  i don't think she is worth that anymore.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    During any change to a character, they offer a significantly better sell rate than normal (buff or nerf) as a way to "allow" people to get rid of the character if they don't like the changes. It usually lasts a week or two (maybe through the current gem season, I can't remember) and then it goes back to normal. The ISO is never as much as invested but the HP is usually a nice bump. They changed 2* Mags awhile ago and you could actually make some decent HP from like a 2 or 3 cover in one color, which was pretty nice. 

OML is an entirely different character change because it's not legendary tokens they are giving out. They are 5* only tokens specific for this nerf. You'd have 1000x more revolting if they only offered legendaries for this change "Take your 5* and here are some 4*'s with a chance for a 5* again!" lol.
  • Supravenbull
    Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Wish i would've known, would've pushed me to 90 roster spots

Thanks
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasp especially has been really nice to me.  When I opened my big hoard of Legendary tokens, I didn't sell any of the extra Wasp ones.  Instead I created a dupe and every 3 covers sold for 5k ISO and 1k HP.  I think I've done it 4 times already and have 2 covers in my queue waiting for a 5th time.