Are you waiting for rewards to get better?

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
Hibernum demonstrated they can change event rewards on the fly. Mythics are not coming back as top prizes. They might bump up the jewel rewards by 5-10%. I'm calling it now. If you're holding your breath for some big change you're probably going to die of asphyxiation.

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'd imagine a very small portion of the playerbase misses the mythic rewards, because a very small portion of the playerbase was actually collecting them.

I think improving the elite packs to be more rewarding would be much more valuable to the entire community.  The mana gems awarded as prizes would then be more attractive as they would actually have value.

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, my biggest gripe is the packs, followed by the general rewards nerf. I care not at all about the mythics at the top (but then, I'm not in a top 10 coalition, just an awesome one)
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The upcoming loss of rares from QB is a big deal to me personally, as someone who is not in a top 10 coalition at the moment. I would like to see that shifted into events in some manner, so I can actually get some of the older rares (because buying packs really isn't helpful for that).
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel for you guys. It was hard for the players at the top to take the hit to our prizes like we did, and I can only imagine how hard it will be for you.

Although I imagine it'll be a little easier, since I have noticed very few posts from those very top players delighting in the loss of QB rewards in the same way that y'all did at the removal of mythics from events.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    perhaps mythics based on the single player challenges? like ogw? planium being set up harder like the color challenges are now in the insane mode? instead of gold it is a mythic? just an idea and a group doesnt get it just the person that does the grinding? would encourage people to level up their mastery to get them gold for everything up to gold. just platnium to get mythics or even the revolt challenges, it is grindy enough thats is for sure
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it wasn't clear before, it is clear now.  The reduction in rewards was a business decision.  As they don't seem to care much for the player base's stated opinions, the only real voice we have is our wallets.

I sure hope I can bank enough crystals for Tez next week.  I'm not buying any more - that is certain.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    spesler said:

I sure hope I can bank enough crystals for Tez next week.  I'm not buying any more - that is certain.
    They just don't build up like they used to either...
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'm waiting for tbh.  We're a fringe top 50 alliance, and while we didn't outright lose anyone, many of our players have drastically scaled back and our spenders, me included, have closed their wallets.  I guess we are just waiting for any meaningful response.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i can see that happening a lot honestly i know i have, yes i bought some stuff but they could have gotten a lot more out of me, this feels a lot like grab what you can before it folds, an old pyramid scheme where only they get paid and everyone else gets hurt
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a reward suggestion for generic events:

How about make it so each tier always has a premium pack (cards and a guaranteed rare) at the top, but get MUCH more accordingly:
    bronze gets more runes, silver gets more packs, gold gets more crystals and mana jewels, and platinum gets way more mana jewels.
    ex:
    top placing bronze: premium pack and 10k runes
    top placing silver: premium pack and super pack
    top placing gold: premium pack, 100 crystals, 15 mana jewels
    top placing platinum: premium pack, 30 crystals, 30 mana jewels

Also make it so that when the screen comes up that says what tier you qualify for, you can select any tier below your level and play for the reward structure of that tier for that event (of course you will be matched up with decks of your qualifying tier, but can choose to play on the reward structure of a lesser one)
    This way the tiers are more specialized and gives you choices of what to play for while relevant for each tier level