Super Secret Discussion!

Options
2»

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I totally like the visibility of new comments when using the browser on a laptop. But: since the same colour is used for "poll", I regulary click on those threads ... well, maybe one day i'll learn to look more careful :D
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It seems to me that the new comment link feature doesn't work as expected when combined with marking stuff as viewed - marking stuff as viewed is not the same as actually visiting it.

After the forum migration I marked everything as viewed via the option. Now when a new comment appears in an older thread (not yet visited, just marked as viewed), the thread will say, e.g., 1 new, but clicking on it will direct to the first comment.
    Later new comments in the same thread seem to work as expected - clicking on the thread with 1 new marker will direct to that comment.
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    shteev said:
    Here's another Con, that drives me crazy:
    Ctrl+left send you to the start of the line when editting text. That's what Home is for! Ctrl+left should send you 1 word back.
    I wasn't going to say anything about that one because I thought it sounded a bit nitpicky, but then madwren mentioned it was driving him crazy too.
    Interestingly enough, it's wrong only in the rendered view. In the html source view it works as expected.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    THEY FOUND US
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To quote Forum Rules

"Just sayin"
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby now that this thread has been discovered, it is no longer super secret, and therefore every post in it is off topic. Could you delete it please?
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    @Brigby now that this thread has been discovered, it is no longer super secret, and therefore every post in it is off topic. Could you delete it please?
    I feel like saying you should be careful, this might violate one of the forum rules. But then I'm concerned for myself, in that maybe I've now broken one of those rules.

Ruleception?
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The first rule of forum club is that you can't talk about forum club.