The 5* Conundrum *solved*

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When 5* where first introduced I was but a lowly 2/3* transitioner so obviously the (then) 2 cover oml I had wasn't much good. 

I didn't level him.

Then as my roster improved I was lucky enough that I drew quite a lot of oml and ended up with a 10 cover oml which I levelled to 300 to test what would happen. He was both a curse and a blessing. He negatively impacted my scaling but he did save health packs. 

Fast forward to 6 months ago and I had left him for fear of wrecking my scaling and MMR after reading snowcatt post on the issue. 

I hoped that devs would come up with an answer for this. They didnt, not directly but we'll get to that. The 5* tier felt dull and uninteresting. I didnt fancy 5 minute match damage fights at all. The lack of variety in characters , powers and opponents did not appeal at all. So I stayed away from the tier waiting until it filled out a bit. 

Then they released goblin. I really like him and his powerset and I was tempted but remembered snowcatt words and stayed away waiting for them to solve the problem. Now the 5* tier is interesting. Good characters, even some with novel mechanics. 

The devs did fix something. They gave me a clear sign never to jump to this tier. Ever. You could spend the best part of a year building a 5* and then suddenly find the character you have built is nerfed and not very useful. 

Thanks devs for showing me that I never need to bother with your best prize. You did indirectly fix the issue of scaling mmr in 5* by telling me never to join it. I will forever remain a 4* player and I suggest others do too. 

EDIT: you dam animals why did you nerf carnage as well? He now doesn't work in my medusa Mr f team which was the only reason I ever built him. I suspect it's the only reason anyone ever built him. I guess now you'll say that you can give him his red back come next venom bomb in another attempt at making people buy health packs.I'll just go back to skipping the event

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nerfing Carnage was definitely a weak move. His black was perfectly tuned to match up with Medusa. But I've played against them in PVP Sim. They're not that hard to defeat. Just beat Medusa before Carnage spins out of control. But now he's completely useless. Supremely nerfed. I barely used him anway, now there's no reason.
  • TeamWade
    TeamWade Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    They nerfed Carnage because Sentry was lonely all by himself in the void of characters who used to actually see playing time.