About time for a Developer youTube video...

The Viceroy Returns
The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When was the last one of these, like August 2016?

I understand that the Dev Team has stuff to do, but with all of the chaos of all the changes, it high time we got one of these.  It's been well over half a year since they did one, and I had a feeling that once it lapsed a month or two, they would just kind of quietly disappear and stop coming.

The player base deserves a new one, especially with all of the massive nerfs to the game overall (OML nerf aside, the pending Taco Tokens just the latest example) and the general instability and bugginess of the game overall (crash on match start STILL happens, and the odd side effect of CD tiles doing damage just to name a few).  We have no idea what the overall direction and long-term goals of the game are.  To me it feels like it's basically been "status quo" for like 8 months.  Bonus Heroes are a wash at best because it brought back vaulting.  The Bonus % is so low you rarely get one, especially for 4 or 5 stars.

Honestly, it's hard to feel positive about the game overall with so much uncertainty.  Even if it's just PR Spin, a video from the devs themselves discussing the past several months of changes, and a glimpse of features (not new characters) planned for the future, might allay some fears.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    You just know they are going to leave poor @Brigby to twist in the wind and deal with all this anger himself. For what it's worth @Brigby I know none of this is your fault and while I'm really upset with these changes I don't blame you at all and I think you've done a hell of a job.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    For those that are relatively new to the forums, these videos were done by actual designers on the game team and employees of Demiurge .  They would feature 2 or 3 of them with some "straight talk" about either new characters/features or soon to be released content.  Well, as straight talk as dev teams can get anyway.
    To hear them audibility describe features/characters instead reading text explanations put things into better perspective, and is definitely more personable/welcoming.
    You can still find the older ones if you search youTube.

My best guess as to why these stopped is there was a shake-up of some kind at Demiurge itself, with members of the game teams shuffling around onto different teams and such, and those that used to do these either are no longer available, or not even on MPQ anymore.  Also, I don't think it's not a coincidence that these stopped shortly after Sega acquired the studio.  These were probably seen as a "wasted use of resources".

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last one came out March 1st.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    JHawkInc said:
    The last one came out March 1st.
    2016 or 2017?  Not being snarky.
    If 2017, I missed it and it wasn't advertised very well.  I'm on this forum more than I should be.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    2017. I don't remember it being advertised here very well. It was also the Bonus Heroes video, and may have been lost during all of the rage about Vaulting.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Looks like JHawkInc beat me to the punch. Yes. Our most recent developer video was back in the beginning of March.

Thanks for the kind words @snlf25 ! Just part of the job, but I'm doing my best to help keep communication going as smoothly as possible. Might be a bit challenging for the next couple of days with all the changes to the forum, but I like a good challenge.
  • RtW
    RtW Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    With all due respect Brigby. If you're up for a challenge try answering some of the oml nerf posts. The changes to the forum are just fine