The Shape of Things to Come

San Narciso
San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
First Trump, then OML nerf, now a Fisher-Price Forum  What a year this has been! 

What's gonna be the next thing to get "fixed" that wasn't broken to begin with?

Comments

• Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "Too many cover rewards given in progression."
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    And you must log in to view information.  That's one way to help the user base.... build a wall in front of the forum to make it even harder to find help
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, only registered users can read the forum?  That's terrible.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Minor in the scope of things, but I'd also say the Carnage "buff" is also a Nerf.  The green is cheaper, but with instinct no longer a passive, there won't be enough special tiles to do significant damage.  Red aoe is more expensive.  Nothing about this feels like an improvement to me.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Minor in the scope of things, but I'd also say the Carnage "buff" is also a Nerf.  The green is cheaper, but with instinct no longer a passive, there won't be enough special tiles to do significant damage.  Red aoe is more expensive.  Nothing about this feels like an improvement to me.

It's definitely a nerf, unless his damage numbers have been increased significantly.  

Those people who don't use him, and only see him as an enemy in PvE, won't care but he was fun in the right team and the choice to cut him down is puzzling.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

It let me read it just fine before I logged in.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    Vhailorx said:

It let me read it just fine before I logged in.
    Great, if true.  I was just going by nonnel's comment.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see how Thanos or Black Bolt won't be next.  Or Phoenix.  OML usage is going to go down, but those 3 will go up, probably by a lot.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

It's definitely a nerf, unless his damage numbers have been increased significantly.  

Those people who don't use him, and only see him as an enemy in PvE, won't care but he was fun in the right team and the choice to cut him down is puzzling.
    I don't think the devs think it's a nerf I just think they plain do not understand their own game or characters. Or fan base for that matter.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker

It's a nerf for sure, which is crazy because he is a low tier 4 Star, and only was used when boosted as a PVP scarecrow.
    However, in an odd way this is also a sideways  "buff" for PVE.  Those damn nodes with Carnage + 2 Muscles...  Also Venom Bomb will not nearly be so bad. 

I have always hated Carnage since his release, so for me personally this isn't much of an effect.  I have a personal objection to self-damage powers:
    1) It's a passive aggressive way to make players spend Health Packs
    2) It's bad and/or lazy way to try and add "negative side effects" to a power that they can't figure out how to balance.
    3) It's **** design, especially in PVE, as the AI doesn't care how much self damage it takes because they don't have persistence or any long lasting ramifications with their Health after the fight is over.  But players do.

At least he's in purgatory of the vault, so people won't pull him anyway.  I feel bad for players that don't have better alternative due to RNG. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    byc said:
    I don't see how Thanos or Black Bolt won't be next.  Or Phoenix.  OML usage is going to go down, but those 3 will go up, probably by a lot.
    From what I've heard from 5* players, OML was just "okay" on that level, but he was great as an all around 5* for a mostly 4* or lower player. This nerf is mostly going to hurt those players. So Thanos, Phoenix, or Black Bolt will get the nerf once whales have newer stronger toys and the non-whales have had enough luck and time to cover them.