Poll: Healthpack Purchases

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So many people talk about the developers making decisions because of health packs. (OML thread OMG)

So I would like to know if people actually buy health packs and have they ever used their wallet to buy coins to buy health packs.

Personally I've only ever bought one lot and that was with hero coins I've earned in game.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    No to all: Ever bought health packs, will ever buy health packs.
    If they try to milk money out of me to buy health packs, I simply won't play.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    No. No need to - i have OML as a pro tank. Without him, i am not sure how PvP will work (PvE will be fine since Thanos is very useful) - i need more than 10 health packs to reach 575 points.
    I guess i will have to promote more 4*s or invest some ISO in 5* (but thats OK - there are better 5*s than OML).
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Poll needs "AW, HAIL NO" option.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now, I'd sooner uninstall the game.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    no, because I have ~425 health packs hoarded
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Goodness no; I only play for an hour or two in evenings, or sometimes an early & a late session at the weekend - I don't think I have run out of healthpacks once in 16+ months.

I had been running at a surplus forever (tacos o'health), but deliberately ground the surplus down in pursuit of Doctor Strange bonus covers.

As I don't PvP beyond one match or the occasional sprint to 300, I can't imagine ever being in desperate for health packs; large roster for PvE, and if I were getting characters KO'd so frequently I run out of characters I'm likely too annoyed at that point to carry on playing! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I've recently been actively trying to run out of health packs, but given the time I have available to play, I can't do it. Best I can do is to stop my hoard from growing.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Day 1255 here. I think i bought health packs twice maybe 3 times but that's it. Either to finish a pve clear or to make a pvp shield hop and thought it was a better option than the time it would take for them to refresh. It was long enough ago that i don't remember exactly.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since tacos have existed, I don't believe so. Maybe once after I drained both stacks and had significant grind to do.

Before that, a few times. I earn so much HP now that I wouldn't think twice about it if I did need to, there just isn't a need. For now.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I think I have, like, once or twice, when I was super lazy and trying to grind to 2K points in a Simulator starting like two hours before the event ended, but that's it. I do a full 4 clears (7 on new character release events) on PVE events, and I try and get the 10 CP from PVP events sometimes.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only accidentally! If I ever run out of health packs, then I just start playing a different game.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Wow there are two people out there who have spent money for health packs. Why'd you do it?

It's interesting it's not a higher percentage due to the outrage often seen on the forum about the developers trying to drive health pack sales.

Maybe when we used to have the paltry 5 and a narrow roster but now with 10 health packs and well over 100 characters I don't think health packs are much of an impact unless you're a super heavy PvP player
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, the whales were telling me that they buy healthpacks all the time. The problem with your line of thinking is that they have all moved past OML and need the HP for thanos,bolt,nat,strange etc... Especially, once the shard starts filling with snipers and enforcers.

From the mega whale perspective 5+ 5* (all over 450), they already battling other 470+uber whales and OML just won't cut it vs an equivalent BB.

This change won't affect high end play at all
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had rare moments where I'm near to a point score in PvP and need health packs, so I'll buy a 5x pack and feel dirty doing so. But if I reach my goal, it's a little better.

As a general rule though, no I almost never need to buy them.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought my first 5x health packs ever the other day (with earned coins) during the bagman pvp event. Wiped so many times against championed px teams during my climb and I made the mistake of using my championed bagman instead of the loaner. Could have saved some health packs there.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to buy health packs, but don't anymore. Also, I should point out that health packs account for a very small fraction of revenue. The majority of revenue comes from HP to purchase cover packs.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, never bought them and never will. It's been ages since I had to stop playing because I ran out of health packs, but when I did I'd just go do something else for a while.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    1.) I have a deep enough roster at this point where I can get through a final grind + next sub clears + DDQ in one go without needing to buy more health packs. When I use health packs, its because I have a strong preference to use that character, not because I don't have other options. So 10 is usually enough to get the job done. 

2.) If for some reason I ever anticipate 10 is not enough, I've usually got more than enough Taco Tokens on hand to seriously stock up on more, because the odds in that vault so highly favor you getting health packs.

3.) If I ever for some reason decide that I do want to spend HP on health packs, 200 is certainly trivial compared to the rate at which I earn HP at this point. I spend more than that on daily deals and get it all back like clockwork. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I bought a health pack and have never spent money to buy any, nor would I. A couple of times, I've bought a single pack with earned coins. The only time I ever bought 5 was when I was playing a PvP, ran out of health packs, lost a fight I should have won, got in a snit and rashly bought 5 then immediately regretted it.

I DO get into health pack trouble a lot. I usually play the 10:00 PM slot for PVE and 7:00 AM for PvP, which means that my 8-hour window for PvP (when I do my move and buy my one shield) is right after PvE starts. So if I'm shooting for top-10 PvE and top-50 PvP, I have to do "finish PvE sub - start new PvE sub - final PvP push" all within about 2.5-3 hours, which can cost health packs (though I also over-rely on certain characters like 3* Strange). 

If I see that I'm going to run out of health packs, I just blow off one or the other (PvP or PvE) and don't even think about buying more.

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never spent money to buy health packs, but I spent banked HP to do it, once. I was trying to push for 900 for the first time.

Got, of course, that fabled "win for 40, lose for 200" for my efforts.

So never again.