Would you keep or sell a burst heal OML?

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
This is one of the more interesting ideas floating around today. I'm curious how people feel about "burst healing" in general, but let's just use this for a scenario.

If OML was changed only in that his "true heal" became a "burst heal", would you keep or sell him?

Let's say that if you sold him, you would get to apply to covers to another character.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep. It took too long for me to get him this far. I'll still keep using him all the time, at least until RNG lets me win some better ones (cough BB, Thanos, etc).
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i don't really use OML i think he should true heal for himself and burst heal based on how many other team members are active

so 250/Team member would be 250 True Heal and 500 Burst with a full team active
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I voted keep. Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character and has been since I was a kid. The OML version that was created in the comics is amazing. I try to get OML covers because he's a favorite...the abilities are just icing on the cake.

I'll keep him no matter what...but I'm not happy with them making changes to him.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's still too early to panic.

They could just as easily do a multitude of things. Like making his power turn into a true heal at 4-5 covers.

I'm just as critical of them as everyone else (if not more) but lets wait the day.

Most also wouldn't sell a 5, especially a classic one at that in a kneejerk way.
    They'd have to give like 5000 CP for it to even be worth the effort lol.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Keep. I want every character, except the useless 1*s.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    If I could straight up transfer his resources (cover count and ISO) into another 5* character I would sell him with TRUE healing. He's not the best 5*, he's just the only one I had for a very long time due to the nature of 5* acquisition.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Even if they released a 5 star.png Bagman I would keep the covers, they are just too rare to toss them.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    They wouldn't change him to burst heal because all other versions of wolverine have true healing.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    If it stays at passive basis, it makes no difference for me - i will try to show you why:

Game 1:
    OMLs HP reduced from 30 000 to 25 000. He will regenerate 5000 HP in later rounds and ends game with 25 000 HP (since it is health burst)

Game 2:
    You will let someone else tanking for the first round. He gets some healt he doesnt have to lose till the end.

With smart strategy you can have OML at 50% HP for dozen of rounds.

Other thing: As collector i would not sell a character unless it is very profitable (at it must be hell of a reward that would force me to sell 5*). So no, i would not sell him (i can even say "no matter what") but using him - thats another story... depends on the nerf.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Keep no matter what they do, I enjoy collecting. I am going to reserve judgement until I see what they do to him but if they remove his true healing I will be upset, if they reduce it I can live with that but let him keep his true healing that should be a key power for any regen character. If they remove his true healing that will be a huge detriment to all pve players because he allows us to play pve while keeping everybody else fresh for pvp. I am already working on new pve teams if they remove his healing but Thanos-OML-Rocket and Groot is the best team for clearing low level pve stages out there. I guess X-23 or Patch can substitute in for OML but if we start doing that are they going to hit them as well?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My OML has never had a yellow, so no real change for me.

I still don't like burst healing, though. I live with it, but I don't like it.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    I think you are asking the wrong question.

The right question is Whether you would have chased OML covers with the knowledge that OML was going to have healing nerf.

Specifically, lets roll back the clock to when Black Bolt was released. At that moment in time, many many players had to to make a hard decision to chase OML phx in classics or give up on OML and focus on LL starting with Black Bolt.

If we knew then what we knew now. I'm wondering if people would have made the same investment decisions.

A big part of me is incredibly irate that there is such a poor road map for character development. You have no guidance on how to grow your roster because at any point. the devs can and will invaldiate 6 months of playtime because they made a mistake in designing the character.

I don't understand why players have to bear the costs of the designer's mistakes.

PERFECT COMMENT.
  • Dragindeth
    Dragindeth Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    As a collector, there's nothing they can do to make me sell OML...well except gifting me a fully covered spare OML. 
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade nailed it. I am one of those people who kept chasing Logan covers when Bolt was released. Had I seen this coming, I would have changed gears. It doesn't hurt that Bolt ended up being one of the best, if not the best, 5* character in the game.

But to answer OP, burst heal is garbage under all circumstances. I'd immediately sell him off and apply all covers to Bolt.