Sniper placing CDs when he shouldn't/CS problems

Nightglider1
Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
I recently submitted a ticket regarding a HAMMER Sniper placing a CD when he shouldn't, and received a completely unrelated response from CS. Do they even read the tickets?

Here's what I sent:
Playing the "Hulk Sighting: Amazon I" node (two snipers and one lieutenant). The sniper is not supposed to place a countdown tile if a friendly one exists. I had downed one sniper and even though there was a "pistol" countdown from the lieutenant already on the board, the remaining sniper placed a countdown.

Here's the response from CS:
Greetings D3 Go! Customer,
Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.
We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding, but both Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)'s and Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)'s Flames of the Faltine (Yellow) only trigger on activated abilities. Because the Hammer Sniper Minion's Dead Shot (Green) power is a passive ability, neither abilities will trigger. This is normal gameplay functionality.
If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.
Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Has anyone else encountered either the same issue with snipers or a similar completely unrelated response from CS?

Comments

• MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Wow, CS has automated responses triggered when people send messages with "Sniper" and "CD"? Nice.
  • Nightglider1
    Wow, CS has automated responses triggered when people send messages with "Sniper" and "CD"? Nice.

That was my thought.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe it means, "Places a friendly Sniper countdown tile if {a friendly sniper countdown tile} does not exist. " The pistol tile isn't a sniper tile, so it places a new sniper tile.
  • Nightglider1
    edited April 2017
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I believe it means, "Places a friendly Sniper countdown tile if {a friendly sniper countdown tile} does not exist. " The pistol tile isn't a sniper tile, so it places a new sniper tile.

I can't find the descriptive text for sniper at the moment, but if this is so, I stand corrected on sniper behavior.

EDIT: I don't seem to be wrong. Text reads "At the start of the turn if no friendly Countdown tiles exist, places a 6-turn Green Countdown tile...."

Now to get CS to respond properly to tickets....
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It only applies to green CD tiles, not all of them. I know it doesn't directly state that, but it's what I've seen. For instance, the Lieutenant Pistol or Morale Boost are purple and yellow, so Deadly Shot spawns, but Assault Rifle, Flamethrower, Rocket are all green, so new Deadly Shot won't spawn if any of those are out.
  • Nightglider1
    zodiac339 wrote:
    It only applies to green CD tiles, not all of them. I know it doesn't directly state that, but it's what I've seen. For instance, the Lieutenant Pistol or Morale Boost are purple and yellow, so Deadly Shot spawns, but Assault Rifle, Flamethrower, Rocket are all green, so new Deadly Shot won't spawn if any of those are out.

Then they need to reword it.

The power's text reads "At the start of the turn if no friendly Countdown tiles exist, places a 6-turn Green Countdown tile...."
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah there's a long line of goon powers with inadequate or inaccurate descriptions.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should read if no such tile exists creates a 6 Turn Green "Deadly Shot" tile..lazy text