One thing people on the forum seem to forget

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
There are a lot of outcry and vitriol about the last changes in the game (the vaulting of classic characters in 4* tier). I don't like this change but I think there is no need to be so harsh. I will continue to play because I still enjoy the game.
People seem to forget it's only a game. It's main purpose is to provide joy and also to occupy free time. If you feel playing is a chore you may need to take a break.
I think first thing people should pursue is the enjoyment the game provides. Don't forget, it's only a game. Keep playing as long you enjoy it. Have a good day fellow players.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tell us how you really feel.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    What about people who enjoyed the game, then some drastic, unannounced changes were implemented, and now they don't like it anymore?

If your boss told you that from the next month your paycheck will be cut in half, would you ask for explaination, perhaps a better solution or just say "Oh well, I'll just find a new job tomorrow."?
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    All right, but you're missing the point.

People get frustrated if their fun game/hobby goes from enjoyable, to significantly worse with just a single change, that was unannounced, poorly explained and even worse executed.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The changes affect me very little, but my opinions don't stem so much from how they affect my acquisition rates and more from how they affect the metagame.

That's why I was in favor of vaulting and why I hate the vintage heroics, because the new Heroic tokens hurt the metagame without addressing any of the design flaws vaulting created.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The changes affect me very little, but my opinions don't stem so much from how they affect my acquisition rates and more from how they affect the metagame.

That's why I was in favor of vaulting and why I hate the vintage heroics, because the new Heroic tokens hurt the metagame without addressing any of the design flaws vaulting created.

Yeah I don't understand why it's vitriol to try and give feedback to improve a system that can be a net benefit to everyone.

I also don't know why people read, disagree and then decide it's vitriol or negativity.

There's genuine negativity, then there's people who disagree with a point, there's a mix of course but making it a blanket negative is just disingenuous.

The vaulting aspect is fine as, we just really want solid ways to progress the other 75% and growing of 4 stars.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    The biggest problem I have is with the people who, every time a change is announced, respond the same way:

"OMGWTFBBQ! I'M NEVER PLAYING AGAIN!!!!!!11!!!one!!1!"

Which would be fine, if only they'd follow through on their threats to quit.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Histamiel wrote:
    Don't forge, it's only a game.

(gazes wistfully at anvil and bellows)

(looks down at hands wrapped in heavy leather gloves holding iron tongs)

(sobs)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I can see both sides of this:

Yes, it's just a game and should be treated as such, meaning you should only play it if you enjoy it AND have free time. The game shouldn't disrupt your real life but add to it. If you don't enjoy playing anymore, then just stop. But......

For most players, it's not just a game. They've invested countless hours grinding, collecting and leveling up characters, both good and bad ones, which means they have an immense sunken cost in the game. They want all that invested time and money to be worth something, giving them some sense of satisfaction. People hate wasting covers; imagine how much more they would hate wasting years of their life by quitting anytime an unpopular change happens. Quitting is not really an option; they would rather "fix" the game than quit, hence all the complaining. There's a strong psychological connection here.

They've neglected other parts of their life in order to build themselves up in this game and they realize that if they take a break for a month or two, they will fall behind and miss out on opportunities. The fear of loss combined with moments of satisfaction drive them on, even though the game has become like a somewhat unpleasant part time job.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Histamiel wrote:

(sobs)

Don't listen to him! You can forge if you want to.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Histamiel wrote:

(sobs)

Don't listen to him! You can forge if you want to.

You can leave your friends behind?

Also, I can imagine someone else having something to post about this...

latest?cb=20160925010848
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    We like it when the game gets better.

We don't like it when the game gets worse.

It isn't rocket science.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:
    What about people who enjoyed the game, then some drastic, unannounced changes were implemented, and now they don't like it anymore?

If your boss told you that from the next month your paycheck will be cut in half, would you ask for explaination, perhaps a better solution or just say "Oh well, I'll just find a new job tomorrow."?
    game. job.
    g.a.m.e.
    j.o.b.
    really?