4* favorites not in Heroics [solved]

MunitionsFrenzy
MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
Heroic tokens claim that you can get 4* and 3* favorites as bonus covers from them, while Standards and Elites will only give you 3* favorites. However, this seems to be a mistake. Heroics still can only give 3* favorites as covers, as far as I can tell.

When I pull Heroics, I ensure that I only have 4* heroes selected as favorites, no 3*s at all. But I've earned two bonus covers from Heroics, and they were both randomly-selected 3* covers instead.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Favorite hero covers are always of the same rarity as the original cover you pulled. If you have no favorites of a particular tier you get a random cover from that whole pool.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic tokens claim that you can get 4* and 3* favorites as bonus covers from them, while Standards and Elites will only give you 3* favorites. However, this seems to be a mistake. Heroics still can only give 3* favorites as covers, as far as I can tell.

When I pull Heroics, I ensure that I only have 4* heroes selected as favorites, no 3*s at all. But I've earned two bonus covers from Heroics, and they were both randomly-selected 3* covers instead.

Bonuses are the same Star Level as the original pull, if you get a bonus 3 and no 3 is favorited Random 3 is given

it's not that easy to game the system

blPccjQ4.gif
    this is like the eighth topic I've seen about this

Edit:Ninja'ed but I stand by everything I said
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's definitely possible to get 4* bonus heroes from heroic tokens, I have gotten a few.
  • SummerGlau
    additional note of the 4 bonus heroes i've received 3 were from heroics
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

What I don't get is why people trying to game the system for free 4* covers (a) aren't trying for free 5* covers instead; and (b) keep complaining on the official forums about not being able to exploit something that would obviously be an unintended loophole if it worked at all, as if the devs would say "whoops! We'll get right on fixing that and giving you a ton more valuable free covers for nothing."
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Bonuses are the same Star Level as the original pull, if you get a bonus 3 and no 3 is favorited Random 3 is given

Welp, that makes sense.

Not really "gaming the system"; a lot of low-rarity newer players would prefer useful 3-stars to useless 4-stars at the time. I would've until just a month or so ago. But thanks.
    What I don't get is why people trying to game the system for free 4* covers (a) aren't trying for free 5* covers instead
    Heroics don't offer 5* covers in the list. Though now I understand it's cuz they don't offer 5* tokens at all.
  • SummerGlau
    So i guess the lesson here is to have at least 1 favorite of each tier

if only to not be at the tender mercy of RNGesus