Secondary power text

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Sorry if mentioned before, but is there a reason why the description for secondary powers isn't listed until that power is triggered?
It'd be helpful to know what's going to happen in game or if you want to preview without going to the page in the character forum.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a red name (Cthulhu maybe?) mentioned they are working on something that would allow this, but weren't done testing it. That was a while ago though, so we might see something soon. Or not.
  • MojoWild
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think a red name (Cthulhu maybe?) mentioned they are working on something that would allow this, but weren't done testing it. That was a while ago though, so we might see something soon. Or not.

Thanks for the update... I guess I'm not sure what's to test, it's just text added to what's already there?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    MojoWild wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Thanks for the update... I guess I'm not sure what's to test, it's just text added to what's already there?

They need to be able to implement a method of accessing the secondary text without the text spilling out of the text box. So it'd technically be a new feature.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Test. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif What could possible go wrong. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really needs adding in. When we have characters like Gwenpool where I literally have no idea how powerful her green is without heading to the wiki or something, there's an issue.
    Likewise there's no indicator as to what adding covers to her purple does.

Hawkguy really, REALLY highlighted this problem. Who the heck knows what his damn blue does from shot to shot!?

There's also Nova, no idea what Rocket Man does, though you can at least click on the 4 cover icon to see. 4* Punisher's black changes. Miles Morales' "Surprise!" move is a total mystery. Can't see what any of OML's moves are.

There are probably more I'm forgetting, but it's been a problem since they started giving more conditions to moves.
  • MojoWild
    It really needs adding in. When we have characters like Gwenpool where I literally have no idea how powerful her green is without heading to the wiki or something, there's an issue.
    Likewise there's no indicator as to what adding covers to her purple does.

Hawkguy really, REALLY highlighted this problem. Who the heck knows what his damn blue does from shot to shot!?

There's also Nova, no idea what Rocket Man does, though you can at least click on the 4 cover icon to see. 4* Punisher's black changes. Miles Morales' "Surprise!" move is a total mystery. Can't see what any of OML's moves are.

There are probably more I'm forgetting, but it's been a problem since they started giving more conditions to moves.

The one that prompted me to bring this up was Blade's Bloodlust, as I wanted to see the details of how it worked, since I'm about ready to champ him.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

They need to be able to implement a method of accessing the secondary text without the text spilling out of the text box. So it'd technically be a new feature.

Except that you can read the power that's current so they can toggle it depending on what's active, you'd think they'd be able to just set up a toggle button, but I'm not a dev so...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can toggle between powers from one cover to the next and see descriptions. I can't see how this would be that different.

Don't worry though OP they will get to it. After a year of posting a monthly reminder to give us a level up button they did get round to it...eventually
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Clash of Clans, there's a "..." button underneath powers that lead to other powers. When you push the "..." button, it toggles between the original power and the special power.

There should be something similar to this that they can implement.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild wrote:
    Except that you can read the power that's current so they can toggle it depending on what's active, you'd think they'd be able to just set up a toggle button, but I'm not a dev so...
    When you click the toggle, you have a 73% chance of sending that character airborne.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Not a game developer, but maybe make the font smaller and/or the text box bigger? Is this so hard? icon_question.gif