Bonus Heroes Bug?

So, I don't know if this is a bug or proper functioning, but I have noticed that I no longer pull any bonus heroes rewards when I pull a favorite character since the latest update. I have seen this happen when I pulled 4* Luke Cage, Daredevil, and 3* Wolverine, all who I have favorited. This does apply to first time pulls (I had 4* Cage not on my roster, but favorited, for a while). So, is this a bug with bonus heroes or is this working correctly?

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    The favorite character system is there so you can pick which heroes you will receive when you randomly get a bonus hero out of a cover pack.

Pulling a character you have selected as one of your favorite characters has no effect on the odds of pulling a bonus hero and does not guarantee a bonus hero.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of my 3 and 4 Star Favorites are Vaulted (although I just added my soon to be Champed Spider Woman)

the two vintage heroics I've bought yielded 2's

so this question never occured to me
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    There seems to be some misunderstanding regarding a recent visual bug and the fix released this update. Please keep in mind that you will always have a 5% Chance of receiving a Bonus Heroes when pulling normal tokens from the store, which increases to 8% when purchasing a 10x Token Pack or a 40x Token Pack. Pulling a character who you have listed in your favorites does not guarantee you will receive a Bonus Heroes comic cover.

There was a recent visual issue which was resolved last update that seems to match what you've described. The issue caused a visual issue, which made the comic cover received right before a Bonus Heroes comic cover, to inaccurately appear as a duplicate of that Bonus Heroes comic cover. This made it appear that you got two of the same comic cover, when you really only received one, and another one which you needed to check your Pending Rewards to see what it was.

This issue was fixed, and the comic cover pulled before a Bonus Heroes comic cover now shows the correct character in question. Keep in mind this is only a 5% chance (or 8% chance for certain redeemed products) when you receive a 3-star, 4-star, or 5-star character from normal tokens.

Does this answer the problem, or did I misunderstand the question? Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood anything.

Edit: Small Correction - You're only guaranteed to receive a Bonus Heroes Comic Cover from a 3-star Comic Cover in the Standard Recruit Tokens.