Civil War no more

nickaraxnos
nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
After the vaulting and bonus heroes feature the people in this forum divided in 2 groups. Those who oppose the vaulting idea and those who defend it.

Especially after the introduction of the vintage tokens, things seems to escalate and the more I read the more I think we are in a civil war. Team Cap versus Team Iron Man.

I am making a new thread instead of posting to the ones already exist cause maybe its time we stop this by finding a common place for conversation and not just arguing endlessly.

Here we go:

Devs and Players. What do we have in common?
Well both sides need/ want this game to continue to exist. The devs are taking money and the players have fun. Both sides need each other. In fact both sides must want the other one not only to exist but to be happy too. If the devs do the job unhappy they will give us bad product and if the players are not happy they won’t spend money.

Team Cap v Team Iron Man. Anything common here?

Of course we have. Before we answer that we need to consider the different needs of the different groups of players.
1) New spenders. New spenders have probably the less problems. They found a game they enjoy and they have the will to spend lot of money. Great for everyone. They will have fast progress, d3 their money and free players continue to enjoy the game freely cause of others.
2) Old spenders aka whales. My guess is they started to get tired. They have everything maxed out, the game doesn’t have new features very often and the only thing is keeping them to spend is new characters. But here comes the dilution problem. Is it fair for them to spend all this money and have so few chances of covering them? I think not. Important notice. I can’t see a single reason why someone say anything else but thank you to these guys. They spend their money but they don’t mess with the rest of us. After a year of playing not once I ve been bothered at pvp from a big roster. Nor my pve progression was ruined by their teams. Also a big thx to the devs for that.
3) Veterans. Paying or not, veteran players had the same dilution problem. New characters was really difficult to fully covered
4) Semi veteran players (like myself) had the problem of dilution too but maybe not as obvious. Because when you are making the transition from 3* to 4* land you are so happy of getting those new 4* covers that you are not thinking so much how long this will take. In fact for me the bigger problem was the hp I was always after for in order to get a new slot. Knowing it or not fact is the dilution problem was there.
5) New players. Transitioning from 2* to 3* land is not such a big problem. You just need a good plan and a good alliance to provide you with info. Hp can be a problem but if you have correct info you can manage easily.

So I think the common problem we all had was dilution. People talked about it and the devs realized they had to do something about it. Good for them.
So they took the decision we all talk about. Let’s analyze it a bit.
Pros:
1) Whales can now spend their money without thinking they rip them off.
2) Veterans can have really good chances to fully cover new heroes
3) Semi veterans. They need les hp because most of the heroes will come late. Can have good chances to champion fast at least 2-3 heroes before they get vaulted
Cons:
1) Can’t think of something for the whales
2) Veterans are seeing their champ rewards to vanish. Iso problem
3) Semi veterans can’t play the 2cp reward and the Crash of Titans at DDQ most of the times. Very very difficult to champ or even make old characters usable and almost impossible to roster all of the characters in the game. Can’t play most of the required 4* nodes at pve. Can’t compete easily at pvp due to lack of old boosted 4*

Now if we accept that the best thing for everyone (devs and players) is to have everyone satisfied but something like that is almost impossible because you will always have someone complaining about something, can we agree that the next best thing is to have as many as you can satisfied?

If the answer is yes, can we do it? I think it can be done. How?
Keep the Latest as is. Whales and veterans (who want new stuff more than the champ rewards) have a place for that.
Use the Classics for the old heroes. You can do it with several ways. All of the old, some of them with rotation, mix new and old, whatever.

Why is this so difficult? Why do we have to argue with each other? The devs will get their money, players can choose. Sure some will find cons to that but I think it will be a small group.
And one last thing. There might be a reason from the devs point of view that I can’t see and make it difficult to happen. If there is a reason please communicate it. A lot of the anger in here is because of the poor communication between the devs and the players even though everyone recognize Brigby is doing great job.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think all of the complaining will die down over time as everyone accepts the new vaulting system and adjusts their strategy for playing. It's not easy for people to quit this game and the devs know that.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Here's the good news: Vintage Herioc tokens demonstrate that the Devs are willing to try things to address people's concerns about Vaulting.

Keep communicating. Try to be civil.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    This game is aimed at suckers. The design goal of the game is to draw in people who think things like vintage heroics are worth spending money on, so *of course* they have to implement purchasables that start out at being a bad deal and get progressively worse: how else can they filter out the non-suckers?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh goody, another vaulting thread.
  • supbullcoc
    supbullcoc Posts: 77 Match Maker
    bbigler wrote:
    I think all of the complaining will die down over time as everyone accepts the new vaulting system and adjusts their strategy for playing. It's not easy for people to quit this game and the devs know that.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's so civil about war, anyways.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:

As Demiurge always says, "this too shall pass"
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    After over 3 years of playing, I've pretty much accepted that the game is never going to truly fulfil its potential, and the devs will never be anything other than tight-fisted when it comes to rewards and what you can purchase with in-game currency. Not going to say I'm 100% okay with that, but with acceptance comes an ability to move forward.

I enjoy and play the game *my* way. I only pull LTs that I earn and don't spend CP on anything other than covers. I'll take a punt at vault daily deals if there's a character I want/need in them, but never get a daily deal for a cover pack. Likewise, I'll never buy from limited character vaults, or spend HP on the new Vintage Heroics if they stick around.

I encourage everyone to either find their own way of doing the same or move on, because MPQ will always be your favourite game that never quite treats you right.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Until they make separate PVP division for those with "old vaulted amazing characters" and one without the fight will never die down. You literally have put anyone that joined right before vaulting at an impossible disadvantage. No fairness, no peace.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until they make separate PVP division for those with "old vaulted amazing characters" and one without the fight will never die down. You literally have put anyone that joined right before vaulting at an impossible disadvantage. No fairness, no peace.
    Another possibility is to create some new Amazing characters where new and old players have an equal footing.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Another possibility is to create some new Amazing characters where new and old players have an equal footing.

This would suffice, but their track record is poor in that they just had to boost 2 of their new 12 just to get them out of the bottom tier.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Here's the good news: Vintage Herioc tokens demonstrate that the Devs are willing to try things to address people's concerns about Vaulting.

Keep communicating. Try to be civil.

I'm deeply concerned, because I don't think that was sarcastic.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:

Unfortunately for the devs, one of the easiest ways to adjust to the new system once your roster reaches a certain level is to not spend any money on the game, you will earn covers for the latest 12 quickly enough that there is no point spending on those, you will earn more than enough hp to keep up with roster slots so no need to spend there and your main shortage will be on iso which is so idiotically overpriced that there is no point to spending there either.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    People rioted on the forum when they replaced true healing with healing bursts for many characters. Now, people have accepted healing bursts and incorporated it into their team building strategy (even though they still don't like it), but the complaining has mostly stopped. Vaulting is exactly the same! People complain, then figure out a way to work with it and then finally accept it.

For me, I've come to accept that my older characters like Iceman, Jean Grey, Cyclops will have to wait a long time before getting champed, but I will be able to champ sooner Medusa, Carol, Coulson, Cage, etc. The long term view of covering 4*s is better with vaulting than before. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's better than growing token dilution. I think the solution to their problem is simple: create an alternate Classic Legends pack that contains all vaulted 4*s (and eventually vaulted 5*s), not a stupid Vintage Heroic token!

Give people the choice to either collect new or old characters.