Why the RIP-OFF MPQ ?

0zfest
0zfest Posts: 74 Match Maker
I have notice as of late just how badly this game rips people off ..
I had a whole team of high level (powered up as well ... like level 180+(with no damage approx 30,000 hp) characters downed by a level 40 character
with 1 hp in 1 turn .... ARE YOU EFIN KIDDING ME !!!
Storm on an opposing team hitting me with raging tempests (3 of them) without being attacked ... she just entered the game and unloaded
Dr Strange NOT using the Flames of Faltine after opponents put up attack tiles ...
This is a Very short rant but trust me the list is VERY long ... so I ask "WHY THE RIP-OFF?"
I support the game (I have spent more REAL money on this game than ANY other SYSTEM+GAMES I own), in itself is an embarrassment !
Not to mention the disparity between the amount of ISO needed to level up characters and the drop rate/earn ratio ... **** ?
So I ask you to TRY to explain this to me because even with ALL THESE FAILINGS this is a great game ! (But definitely needs improvement)
OR ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT AND PREPARED TO DO NOTHING ?
The ball is in your court ...

We are watching/waiting

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    0zfest wrote:
    I have notice as of late just how badly this game rips people off ..
    I had a whole team of high level (powered up as well ... like level 180+(with no damage approx 30,000 hp) characters downed by a level 40 character
    with 1 hp in 1 turn .... ARE YOU EFIN KIDDING ME !!!
    Storm on an opposing team hitting me with raging tempests (3 of them) without being attacked ... she just entered the game and unloaded
    Dr Strange NOT using the Flames of Faltine after opponents put up attack tiles ...
    This is a Very short rant but trust me the list is VERY long ... so I ask "WHY THE RIP-OFF?"
    I support the game (I have spent more REAL money on this game than ANY other SYSTEM+GAMES I own), in itself is an embarrassment !
    Not to mention the disparity between the amount of ISO needed to level up characters and the drop rate/earn ratio ... **** ?
    So I ask you to TRY to explain this to me because even with ALL THESE FAILINGS this is a great game ! (But definitely needs improvement)
    OR ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT AND PREPARED TO DO NOTHING ?
    The ball is in your court ...

We are watching/waiting

I feel like there needs to be more info. Which opponent was putting up attack tiles? Dr Strange doesn't respond to passive abilities.

The multi-person waves DO still need some work. Trust me, I understand, when I destroy the first opponent, and 3* Cap Marvel comes in and gains AP as though it was her that I had hit.

And ISO has always been an issue. You can easily get about 20k per day if you put work into it, but yeah, it takes a while. Wouldn't really call it a rip-off, though. It's designed to extend the longevity of the game, and yes, to encourage people to spend money, because this is a free-to-play game. But it's only a rip-off if you allow it to be. You CAN get everything in the game, it just requires time and effort.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    From the title I thought this would be about vintage heroic packs - they're definitely a rip off and I don't know why
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Wouldn't really call it a rip-off, though. It's designed to extend the longevity of the game, and yes, to encourage people to spend money, because this is a free-to-play game.

Yes it is a rip off, when you have the choice between here is your rotten apple for all day meal or look you could pay 10000$ and have a normal not rotten apple as your only day meal, I call that a rip off.

The disparity between the needed iso and the price they sell it is so out of line that I prefer to think that no one is mentaly disabled enough to put money in iso.
  • Megdar
    mexus wrote:
    I have payed for ISO8 and find this somewhat offending.
    It's my money. I buy what I want.

Then I was happy to offend your sens of value. I have absolutly no problem that people do whatever with their money, they could even burn it, something nearly as stupid as buying iso. But because it is your choice does not make it a logical or intelligent. Freedom of choice does not equal intelligent choice everytime. Buying a luxury car for 1 million dollars is not the best way to use money, but it is the only way to have a luxurious car, buying an Honda Civic for 1 million dollars is an idiot move, samething with iso.

Edit: And I put money in the game, but I use my brain when I use my money.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:
    Then I was happy to offend your sens of value.
    There is no inherent value to anything in this world. The value of something is exactly what someone is willing to pay. So you may say the prices for ISO in MPQ are outrageous, and I may even agree with you, but we are wrong.
  • Megdar
    No the value is what a mass of people is willing to pay. If one idiot buy a civic at 1 million and no one else do and they all rot in car dealer, it does not mean it is worth 1 million. Same thing with iso, the fact that some buy it at this idiot price does not mean it is its value. I really doubt I'm wrong by saying that iso is probably selling WAY under what hero points are selling. They could lower the price by a huge margin and this would not drop revenu, this would increase it, with more people willing to buy the iso.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can look up the value of a Honda Civic in a price guide and it will give you a value. That doesn't mean a Honda Civic is worth that... until someone pays that price. An issue of Amazing Fantasy #15 may have a comic guide value of 6 million dollars and my father would say "Six million dollars? For a <tinykitty> comic book?" yet someone might very well pay 10 million dollars for that comic.

Just because you or I think that buying ISO 8 is a rip-off doesn't make it so.
  • Megdar
    No the value of something is not decided by a minority that buy it, market share being the best example. Someone can buy overpriced marketshare, that everyone know they are overpriced, the day before they crash. He would have been called an idiot by every other trader, and rightly so.

Iso is the same thing, it is a rip off right now, and anyone that feel good after buying it, is exactly like wall street trader that made poor choice. The fact they can do whatever they want with their investment money does not suddently validate it as a good and intelligent choice even if it did not ruin them.
  • Megdar
    mexus wrote:

The thing is, you have no idea how I spent my purchased ISO-8. It was for the better good of my progress and I didn't feel a burning hole in my wallet the next day. Thinking back on this, it was definitely a better buy than my bag of crisps three days ago (I wanted to try a new taste; lime & rose pepper, was not good).
    But really, I don't feel I have to defend my choice further. But I did feel that I had to defend you calling me an idiot. I don't like that kind of attitude and I certainly hope the moderators of this forum doesn't either.

You can report me, but they have already shown that if a post is not hatefull, being offended does not seems to be a reason enough to block thread, except for the fact that I don't find buying iso as an intelligent choice (What we can also equal to an idiot choice), we are having an intelligent conversation on the value of thing and how market are drived.

You may not like the fact I judge your evaluation of a good buy, but I doubt the moderator will see my post as trolling or hatefull. It is not the first time the value of iso as really poor is talked on this forum, and it was never censored.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    Amazing Fantasy #15 may have a comic guide value of 6 million dollars and my father would say "Six million dollars? For a <tinykitty> comic book?" yet someone might very well pay 10 million dollars for that comic.

Just because you or I think that buying ISO 8 is a rip-off doesn't make it so.

$1.1m in 2011 to be precise. slightly higher today but not by much.

I have to agree with you on the value statement, I have a friend who is an art dealer and his motto is always "the value of any item or possession is only ever determined by the person willing to buy it from you."
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep discussion about the value of Iso-8 and leave personal attacks out of the conversation. Thanks! howard_icon.png