Possible solutions to vaulting

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
I think the community is in agreement that they are against vaulting. Personally I have loved it my C4rol is 1 cover from champing and that is super fast for a new 4 star for me.

With the introduction of the vintage heroics it kinda solves the problem but at the same time it is expensive hp-wise and doesn't really add much value. It feels like a bandaid rather than a solution.

I wastill thinking about a few solutions as I think the idea of vaulting has merit as one now has a greater chance of being a specific character and bonus characters are fantastic.

Simple solution
Rotate: follow the deadpool daily structure and have the pull system rotate between the new 20 and the old 20+ characters it still allows for the older players to grab the new characters and give packets focus to allow players a greater chance of drawing specific characters but allows people the flexibility of pulling the characters they want.
Benefits: focused pulls, no champion drought. Most people will be on board (I think) with a quick rotation.
Downsides: if you want to have a chance to pull characters from both sides that's too bad. People will still complain about having to wait 5 days to pull who they want.

Complex solution
Expand the favorite system to make a favorite pack. In other words make a favorite pack that will have 3-4 ***** and 20 ****. A player can only pull the pack if they have that many characters favorited but the pack will only contain those characters. Still focused and it could cost more cp (like 30) but requires more work by developers and communication to the community. Personally I don't like this idea but I know some people would like it. It is frustrating for me to have starlord 552 and redhulk 255 both missing one cover for champ status but I won't favorite them as I already wasted 2 covers each as I pulled redundant colors but now with the vaulting system I will not pull them ever.
Benefits: choose your adventure packs. Hopefully every pull is useful. No wasted Champs that will not gain lvl.
Downsides: heavy codeing and communication required. Complex and requires player to jungle favorites. Bonus pulls are now very unfocused (pro and con for the favorite pack)

If anyone else has an idea feel free to discuss. That's my 2 cents on the issue. I support and understand it, but I feel the communication and execution could have been a bit better.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anyone else has an idea feel free to discuss.

There have been lots of ideas discussed! The question is whether they'll get anything more than token acknowledgment.

Current signs point to "LOLnope".
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    or just add heroes you favored to the pool of possible pulls
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Wonko33 wrote:

That's dilutes the pulls though and that's what the development are trying to avoid. I totally understand what they are going for and it's worked. In the month my wasp, spider woman, luke cage, ironheart, and C4rol went from a joke to almost fully covered. I also have only sold maybe 1-2 covers pulled which is a big change from last month where I had to sell roughly half either to redundant covers or lack of iso

I am even more iso starved than before but I'm not in a hurry to champ these characters
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adapt to the reality that vaulting is how things are for now? That would be the least disappointing solution for most people. Or if it forced the game to be unplayable there is always the quitting option.

Or possibly rage threads for another couple of months.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Wonko33 wrote:

That's dilutes the pulls though and that's what the development are trying to avoid. I totally understand what they are going for and it's worked. In the month my wasp, spider woman, luke cage, ironheart, and C4rol went from a joke to almost fully covered. I also have only sold maybe 1-2 covers pulled which is a big change from last month where I had to sell roughly half either to redundant covers or lack of iso

I am even more iso starved than before but I'm not in a hurry to champ these characters

1- it is not diluting if it adds something you want
    2- you are free to do it or not, add as many or as little as you want. if you favor them it is because you want to get them right? Well now you have an ever better chance

People who hate vaulting with a vengeance can just favor everyone and boom, back to the old way
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    They don't care. At all. Brigby is a messenger who posts stuff he is told to post in here to inform us. He is one of the nicer guys and asks for specific cover colors for progression prizes and such.
    That's it. They don't care, they got exact numbers on which people spend what. If that changes drastically, they change the recipes.
    Everything you ever typed in here has less consequences than talking to the barkeeper - you will feel guilty to tip accordingly.
    Stop thinking about it, stop typing about it.
    Bring your money or get out.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    After the last solution, I'm a bit fed up with long posts because I could use my ideas and time on other things, so this is more just correcting your point because it doesn't fit the nuance of the situation.

Only latest 12 4's being a pack is not a problem.
    Vaulting isn't the problem, it's the problem it created. It was necessary because of the rate of 4 stars and resistance of making a 4 star DDQ for the 44~ 4 stars.
    The problem is that there's no way to get everyone else besides bonus hero's and now this new store, that can only be drawn from in premium currency.

People will come into your thread and say stop being negative blah blah whatever at some point so yeah. Enjoy, said my piece.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:

I'd be interested to know what level your roster is at because for most people the reduced token pool will lead to more covers being wasted or more need to hoard tokens until you have the iso to champion them.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

I'd be interested to know what level your roster is at because for most people the reduced token pool will lead to more covers being wasted or more need to hoard tokens until you have the iso to champion them.

I'm with ya, I've sold more covers in the past couple weeks because of the limited selection. It looks like my only choice is to champion characters that I never wanted to, like Agent Venom and Bl4de.