3* vaulting rotation

crackninja
crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Did we ever get confirmation as to how 3*'s will be rotated in and out each season? I had assumed that they would swap out entirely so that all characters are available every 2 seasons, but I've seen posts recently that make me wonder if that is really the case.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No we didn't. We'll see what happens next week.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    They didn't even say that they would rotate the 3* pool. I assumed it too, but if you reread the original post it just says they pick the 3*s and then new ones will push out the oldest. I'm not worried about the 3* pool that much since they are given out often enough with DDQ. Maybe they should do that with 4*s, people might not feel that bad about vaulting
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting...I've been hoarding tokens so that I can target my 3* champion levels to get the 4* covers I want. Hopefully I haven't been wasting my time. Before anyone suggests I just set then as my bonus heroes, I'm doing that as well, but never getting the covers from tokens balances out any bonus hero covers I do get.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    but if you notice, it is not even the latest 20 three stars that are in the current vault. Bullseye and Vision are not in the current packs (and they were some of the last 3 stars prior to Dr. Strange).
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    crackninja wrote:
    Interesting...I've been hoarding tokens so that I can target my 3* champion levels to get the 4* covers I want. Hopefully I haven't been wasting my time. Before anyone suggests I just set then as my bonus heroes, I'm doing that as well, but never getting the covers from tokens balances out any bonus hero covers I do get.

If you are not already, you should be aware that they are looking into updating the 3* cover rewards this off-season, so if there are any that award old 4*s you want, you might want to cash those tokens in sooner rather than later - particularly for the duplicates. I have a number of 3*s coming up on 183 and have been using my bonus heroes to get the 4* covers before they make any changes.

A few that are good candidates for change: Vision (currently gives Cyclops), Blade (currently Ghost Rider, will presumably change to 4* Blade), Kamala Khan or Storm (both give Thoress - not sure why Thor doesn't instead), Iron Fist (currently Kate Bishop, will presumably change to Danny Rand), Thanos (currently Red Hulk, but so is Thor), She-Hulk? (currently TA Hulk), Ragnarok (currently X-23), Colossus (currently Wolverine).

I'm assuming that there is no compensation for people who already got their 4* covers after they change the rewards?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    please dev's don't change Ragnarok's 4 Star....at least until I get one more level for him