Purposely Sandboxing?

Deviator1
Deviator1 Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've played this game for years and these days I'm just not competitive anymore nor do I want to deal with the points that go with pvp or any of that. I have read a little of what being sandboxed is like and I'm wondering is it possible to be sandboxed on purpose and what's the actual downside of doing that? Does anyone have experience with it?

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I know the only way is to basically cheat a lot or in a really big way and then just wait for the sandbox to happen (you could even report yourself I suppose). I actually don't have any info on how to do this, also I'm fairly certain it would be against forum rules to share it with you even if I did. Google is your friend, but it might require rooting your phone or something.

FWIW you're not the first person to bring this up. People have wondered if you can just ask CS to sandbox you for years now, but I don't remember anyone actually having that done.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    As far as I know the only way is to basically cheat a lot or in a really big way and then just wait for the sandbox to happen (you could even report yourself I suppose). I actually don't have any info on how to do this, also I'm fairly certain it would be against forum rules to share it with you even if I did. Google is your friend, but it might require rooting your phone or something.

FWIW you're not the first person to bring this up. People have wondered if you can just ask CS to sandbox you for years now, but I don't remember anyone actually having that done.
    I believe Hi-Fi said CS refused any requests to be sandboxed. You need to earn it by cheating!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    So the con to Sandboxing is you don't get to play with alliances, right?

Can you still place in PVE and PVP events? It would be nice if you could, but not actually that important.

In PVP, you don't get hit, right? So you can climb and then take a break and then climb starting where you were from?

Are there any other cons to being sandboxed besides Alliance event lockouts?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Follow up:

Can you have one sandboxed account, not attached to your Facebook, and a regular account attached to Facebook?
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

Can you still place in PVE and PVP events? It would be nice if you could, but not actually that important.

In PVP, you don't get hit, right? So you can climb and then take a break and then climb starting where you were from?

You don't place in anything. No pvp, no season, no PVE. You just match 3. Basically, you turn MPQ into that match 3 candy game
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    nonnel1 wrote:

You don't place in anything. No pvp, no season, no PVE. You just match 3. Basically, you turn MPQ into that match 3 candy game

You still get placement rewards.
  • Fenfire
    Fenfire Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    If you are on iOS you (as far as I remember) had to jailbreak the phone. That's a fickle decision for most people - would have already done it but I am currently using a company device.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My ignorance is showing here, but I still am not sure what sandboxing means.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Man, so you still get placement? What "place" rewards do they give you?

You still get progression.

If you cheat to get this, I assume you can have unlimited ISO and HP, which will allow you to empty out any vaults helping you actually gain covers you want instead of relying on RNG. And if you like RNG, you can buy a bunch of 40 packs of Heroics.

You don't get hit in PVP, which is one of the best things I can think of to take away from PVP.

The only downside sounds like you can't play alliance events. (I don't necessarily include missing alliance awards as downsides because they are mostly HP and 4 or less star covers anyway)

I mean, also the downside of cheating on a game. So there's that.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker

If you cheat to get this, I assume you can have unlimited ISO and HP, which will allow you to empty out any vaults helping you actually gain covers you want instead of relying on RNG. And if you like RNG, you can buy a bunch of 40 packs of Heroics.

You don't get hit in PVP, which is one of the best things I can think of to take away from PVP.

The only downside sounds like you can't play alliance events. (I don't necessarily include missing alliance awards as downsides because they are mostly HP and 4 or less star covers anyway)

I used to have a sandbox account. I used it to test new characters out. Not on my phone, I have a regular account where I don't cheat, and I enjoy the game there.

When you get sandboxed, you still get placed in brackets for both pve and pvp with other sandboxed players. You get placement rewards, but who cares? You can buy 200 40pks of every vault and get dupes and trips of everything max champed, so what's a couple more covers and tokens?

Now, they all the players in these brackets also have max champed 5s, and multiple copies of each, and there's enough out there that play A TON. Because you can just buy health packs with HP that you can get a million of in 2 minutes.

If you want a sandboxed account, I'd suggest creating a second fb profile and getting an Android emulator for pc. Leave your regular account and enjoy the sandbox on an account where you won't mind if it gets all the progress wiped. Because that happens too.

Basically, a sandbox account takes a lot of the fun out of the game. Because you will have all the characters max champed immediately, you will be fighting max level enemies, and you'll get no meaningful rewards for anything. You don't have to work for anything, after all.

You never know, you might want to play regularly again. But if you have a sandboxed account, you'd have to start a new account from scratch.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

You become a ghost. Nobody sees or takes hits from you. You are playing in your own space or "sandbox"; hence the name.

The real MPQ grind can get tiresome but what's the fun of playing separate from everyone? The matching dynamics of this game solo doesn't seem very fun.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I would totally play a sandboxed account without cheating, just to avoid getting hit in pvp.