Banner Transformed Not Stepping in Front

Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
I noticed when Hulks free move tripped a demolition trap, the former front man (Last match move) took the damage instead of Hulk soaking it up.

Comments

• Hendross
    C'mon give banner some love.  #MakeHulkGreatAgain
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey there Hendross, can you clarify if the tile match with the trap had Banner Hulk's icon on it? If the icon was for someone else when the tile match was made, then the damage was distributed correctly.

One of the confusing things that happens a lot is that trap damage will not go out until the end of a tile cascade. So when the person in front goes unharmed after a trap activation, it can make many players do a double take and analyze what had just happened. The only exception to this rule is if the person who made the match was invisible and the trap damage is not AoE damage.

AoE - Area of Effect - An attack that is launch in a general area and generally not at a specific target. IE: Causing an explosion, Causing a Wind Storm, Creating an Earthquake.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, unfortunately the ability's description is incorrect. It says "At the start of each turn, Hulk makes a match for his team," but it's actually just your entire team making a match. So whoever has the highest damage value for that tile still does the match. It's not like, say, Moonstone's Gravity Warp, where she does the damage for the tile she destroys even if someone else has a higher damage value for that tile.

I suppose they worded it that way for flavor purposes, since Hulk transforming to give your entire team an extra match doesn't really make much sense. But it makes the description simply false, which is extremely misleading.
  • Hendross
    Sorry I didn't see the follow-up until now.  I don't remember the circumstances, it could have very well been another teammates icon.  However, Hulk is the one smashing ahead/around and it would make more sense that he soaks up the damage caused.  Really sucked for (innocent) teammate #2 to burden the trap damage (and subsequent death) caused by Hulk's free (reckless) move.