1* reward for the devs

nickaraxnos
nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I am playing this game for almost a year now.

I have spent some money and a lot of effort for 2 reasons.
1) i like the world of super heroes from since i was a little boy
2) i am having fun matching tiles, recruiting new heroes and knowing people through this forum and my alliance that also like the super hero world (well maybe more than 2 reasons lol)

So i am not planning on quitting soon.

But i really didn't like the vaulting idea. At all. It's not fair.

I was waiting Brigby to bring us the news for what the devs are planning to do to fix this problem.

And i read what they think is solution.

It's insulting.

I don't care if they will rethink it and after a while give us something better.

They should never (in my humble opinion) have presented a solution like this.

So i am going to change my evaluation for the game next time the in-game message pops out. From 4* i rated last time, i ll give them 1* reward (daily offer) and let everyone on googles' play store know why.

That way i can prevent some people of downloading and start playing a game that is made from developers who insult their customers.

Maybe if a lot of people give them that standard token to pull from google play store will start doing their jobs better

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    mexus wrote:
    They have no obligations to update on this forum but they are obliged to respond to tickets.

Oh, uh, don't count on that. I think I've only ever had to raise ~3 tickets over the last ~3 years, but each one was closed with no response from Customer Service.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Besides, I bet the more we spam tickets with complaints, the less they work on things like restoring lost or corrupted accounts, citing being "overwhelmed".
  • nickaraxnos
    mexus wrote:
    I have no problems with the game, the devs or the vaulting idea either, but I'm seriously thinking about logging off from this forum for a while since all this negativity, threats to the developers etc. is making me quite sad actually.
    Of course it's OK to let your feelings out in an open forum but there are so many threads about this issue already. And not only does new threads pop up, messages about "vaulting is bad" is sneaking into other threads about other things as well.
    Did you try to open a support ticket to get in touch with the company? They have no obligations to update on this forum but they are obliged to respond to tickets.

I am not threatening anyone.

I am just letting them know why i will use the means they are giving me against them. Believe it's fair to give them a heads up. It is what i would want them to do before taking decisions that affect the game in that way.

It's called communication.

I also think that i 've proven my good will. Before i take this decision i posted my ideas about how they can fix what it seems to be a problem for the majority of the players reading this forum and then waited without spamming.

Why i am not opening a ticket? Because from what i know tickets are for people who are facing problems due to errors of the game. Vaulting is not an error. It is a decision.

This is why the forum exists. To communicate and make suggestions. If they are not willing to read the feedback of their costumers then they should close it.

And for what it's worth, i am not giving them the 1* rate because of the vaulting, but for their behavior after that. Ignoring so many people it's not polite. Even worse, they decided to mock us with this new vault that gives free 2* heroes and needs hundreds or thousands of dollars for the vaulted 4*.

The devs are not the owners of the company. There must be shareholders owning the company(?)

Most probably the shareholders don't read this forum. it's not their job really. They have the devs for that.

But the devs are not doing their job right.

So how can we 'communicate' with the shareholders? Well if their product start loosing popularity outside the community of the players playing it, they might start asking why. Maybe then we have better results. And by that i don't mean to take back the vaulting decision. I mean to start communicate better. With a way that show their customers respect for the money they give and the effort they put playing it.

P.S. I would be sad if you quit reading and posting your opinions. We need everyone in here regardless if we agree or not. So i hope i haven't offended you in any way. If i did it's because my poor knowledge of English. Cheers icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've stated numerous times in the past that they don't care about their store ratings.
    No reason to believe this has changed.
  • nickaraxnos
    Bowgentle wrote:
    They've stated numerous times in the past that they don't care about their store ratings.
    No reason to believe this has changed.

i don't believe that. If that's the case the why are they making surveys? In fact one of their questions was how likely would you recommend this game to a friend.

First time i rate them at play store i gave them a 2* because the game needs money in order to progress relatively fast. After some changes they made i gave them a 4* cause i saw a good will.

Obviously more players thought the same and gave them poor ratings.

It's not logical not to care about the reputation of their product. Even red light district care for that
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    i don't believe that. If that's the case the why are they making surveys? In fact one of their questions was how likely would you recommend this game to a friend.

First time i rate them at play store i gave them a 2* because the game needs money in order to progress relatively fast. After some changes they made i gave them a 4* cause i saw a good will.

It's not logical not to care about the reputation of their product. Even red light district care for that

Because they probably aren't getting more players from their store rating 3 years in. It's word of mouth and the community. Heck they release a new version so often that the ratings never last.
  • nickaraxnos
    Eddiemon wrote:

Because they probably aren't getting more players from their store rating 3 years in. It's word of mouth and the community. Heck they release a new version so often that the ratings never last.

They ll be getting 1* reward with every new release then. Its easy for me
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This game gives you SO MUCH that you can do for free. I've played this game for 913 days for FREE. I guarantee they are paying their admin team, their programmers, their developers, their graphic artists, their licensing fees, etc with real money... none of which has come from me.

It is an amazingly fun and complex game for a simple Match 3 premise.

The amount of enjoyment I've had with this game has been a lot... unfortunately that is balanced by how much time and effort is required to be successful as a Free Player. The fact that there is that option for me, who has other places that my money is better spent (4 kids a wife and a home 2 of the kids in college), says a lot about how this company feels about its player base. They are trying very hard to walk that line of allowing us to earn everything in game, but also make money and make there an advantage to spending money that isn't overwhelming.

I think we as players take so much of that effort and thought for granted and come on here crying about them creating an opportunity to generate revenue.

When you talk about boycotting, and dropping their reviews to 1 star, it's like a little kid throwing a fit and throwing away their lego's because you wouldn't buy the newest add-on set. Now they have nothing.

We love this game so much that we get heated and emotional about a decision that may slow down our ability to play it, so what do we do? We talk about destroying their revenue system, ruining their rating system so they get no new revenue, and expect them to then give us what we want and smile while doing it? Destroy the thing we love because we think it's all or nothing? That is asinine. Transfer this behavior to a relationship and you have an abusive relationship and everyone would be telling the developers to break their ties with us for good because it isn't healthy.

This forum has it's great days, then it has its dark days of threats and entitlement.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the official topic at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62612 to discuss this
This discussion has been closed.