Why am I dead?

Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
So I've been playing the Thor Tournament quite a bit lately. Got up to #8 in my bracket at the moment. I was at #6. I've been retaliating whenever I got a message that I had been defeated. Worked pretty well so far for me. However, I got a message just now that I had been defeated so I clicked on the notification and went into the game. Looked and who attacked me, saw I'd gain more points for beating them then I had lost and figured I'd hit back. I choose to fight them and it takes me to my character selection screen, where I find that everyone team needs to be revived or I can wait 20 minutes and then probably another 2 hours. What happened to my guys? I wasn't doing anything else since I've started playing Avengers Alliance on my iPhone for a bit and I won the last fight I did on Puzzle Quest. How did they get wiped out? Is this some new feature (and I use that word loosely) of the tournament where getting defeated results in your guys being knocked out for awhile? I'm really quite confused here.

If it matters, I'm playing on a Nexus 7 (2013) running 4.3. I am NFHQ in game and as of this moment have 11 minutes more to wait before my characters revive and start getting hit points back.

Edit: Also, just wanted to add that I love this game. My thanks to the developers.

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    I suspect your device clock was changed I to the future, then back to the present.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I suspect your device clock was changed I to the future, then back to the present.

This is exactly what I've done to my device today. I work for a company making mobile apps and I was using my tablet to do some testing, which involved skipping the clock forwards an hour to test something and I set it back shortly after I was attacked.
  • that's exactly what happened then, doing that will effectively set your characters back that many minutes as a death timer, with ur heals also on that timer. most mobile games with lives on timers have this system in place (candy crush, etc.), i assume to protect against cheaters
  • Well, thank god I only set it an hour ahead, since I've got test cases that say to set the device 30 days ahead.