Which is better now: Event or Heroic tokens?

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that bonus heroes exist, I present the following:

You can get a bonus hero from a heroic but you cannot get a heroic from a vaulted token.

So unless you hoard 80 event tokens, aren't heroic tokens better now because you have a chance to get a bonus hero? I know you have a CHANCE to get the LT (1/80), but the other good prizes are 3 4*s. 3/80 to get a 4*.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: To be more specific, I mean the PVE event tokens for a vault. Obviously you can get a BH from PVP tokens and new character release tokens.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're also forgetting the chance to get bonus 3 stars. And speaking as someone that has only gotten my 4 star bonus heroes from heroics, I have to agree.

Hibestly, makes no sense that bonus heroes does not apply to vaults...and taking a steps further they don't apply to all star rankings. Imagine how cool it would to get an occasional 4 star BH from a 2 star pull.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhm, event tokens aren't limited to vaults?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get covers from characters that aren't in rotation from vaults, that's their main selling point to me.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Twysta wrote:
    Uhm, event tokens aren't limited to vaults?

I guess I mean PVE event tokens that are vaulted.

Because you are right, PVP and new character release tokens are not vaulted.

Editing the post to reflect that.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both about the same, I'm probably getting a 2* from them anyway. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer Standards.. I'm guaranteed a Bonus 3* when I pull one
  • cooperbigdaddy
    I prefer Standards.. I'm guaranteed a Bonus 3* when I pull one

Punisher, I'm with you! While it takes almost 50, it's a guarantee, haha.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish bonus 4's were reliable.

Event tokens usually suck because you don't get enough besides enemy of the state and Doctor Stranges event, which has the best token ratio in game.

For me though bonus 4's have a greater value because I have maybe 3 fully covered 4's of my 30, so most of them being locked away has left me without progress on the old guys for a month now.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic tokens. But then, I actually prefer 3 elites over 1 heroic. More xp, 3 chances of pulling gold and bonus heroes