The masterpiece that was a mistake

Options
khurram
khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hmm, how come no one ever talks about Vedalken Shackles, the masterpiece they stealthly included with AER expansion and removed a day later. It was probably for the best, but they obviously design more cards than they actually release. This has been noticed before too with the banners on the official FB page featuring mtgpq cards that were not released.

I wonder if we missed on cards that would have been a great addition to the game and were made too but were not released for some reason. Why not release it if you put the effort into designing it?

Comments

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Activate 2: If you control 2 or less creatures, the first creature your opponent controls is controlled by you until this support is destroyed.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What was the mana cost?

That card would have been insanely strong even at one shield unless it was really overcosted
  • Nezumi
    Nezumi Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I played against one. Someone has it. It's probably still in the game
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they realised how ridiculously it would warp the metagame and decided against releasing it.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phase wrote:
    What was the mana cost?

That card would have been insanely strong even at one shield unless it was really overcosted

Mana cost 10. And colorless too i believe?
    It was in rotation for a day so it is entirely possible someone pulled it.
  • kauppila
    kauppila Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I noticed it was missing as I maintain an external SS of cards.
    Not only removed from the card list, but also from the Gallery.
  • kauppila
    Options
    I still haven't seen this card come back.  I talked to a few other people who have played against decks with it.  So...  where did it go and will it be back (in some form)
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dub this card Cotton Eye Joe
  • kauppila
    Options
    It's the Song of the South of the MtGPQ world
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What happens when your opponent has three creatures, and you've stolen three (different) creatures with it and the support goes poof? That's most likely the reason they pulled it.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gun Bunny said:
    What happens when your opponent has three creatures, and you've stolen three (different) creatures with it and the support goes poof? That's most likely the reason they pulled it.
    So what? it'd be just another bug. We already have to deal with dozens of them, the creatures probably just reinforce anyway.
  • Xagrum
    Xagrum Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just pulled Vedalken Shackles from a reward pack today, so it does exist. Cost is 15 now. 
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wow cool. that is exciting to hear. Enjoy your new toy! Thanks for updating us all