Make Shield Sim less of a slog by locking out 5* characters

johnnyzero
johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
This was a shower-thought I had this morning that might need some work-shopping, but I think Shield Sim could be greatly improved by locking out 5* characters.

I have 3 championed 5*s and 42 championed 4*s right now. Aside from The Big Enchilada and the 4* essential nodes in PVE, I hardly ever use the 4s.

I find this a real shame since most of them have really interesting powers. I just championed Carol Danvers this week...she's awesome! But if I bring her into a PVP match, I'm a huge target since my MMR has me up against other opponents with 2x 5* Champs. I can use her in PVE, but only on the first couple clears before scaling forces me to put in my 5*s.

Shield Sim is a bit of a slog when you only have 3 characters to use. If we locked out 5s, I (and many others) would have much more of my roster available. I like my 5* team a lot, but when I'm using the same 3 in every match, and generally fighting the same 3x 5* champ teams,...it gets pretty boring.

You might say that the big-time players with many 5* characters don't suffer from this tedium, which is probably true. But those players also will have an even more diverse 4* roster, many of which are at level 370, so they don't exactly suffer under this proposal.

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    As someone without championed 5*'s, it's nice to be able to use the higher level 5*'s that I do have in the shield sim. Not as fun to have the 550x3 team stomp me, but that's the nature of the game.

I'd like to see more innovative PvE events that reward playing with non-5* champs.

Not saying he was my favorite encounter, but the boss associated with the Dr Strange event caused people to look for champs that would help them match away the attack tiles instead of raw damage. That's a move in the right direction I think.