Brigby - A straight answer please

Options
2»

Comments

• Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited March 2017
    Options
    D3/Hibernum/who ever is making decisions.

DO NOT fix trials of the planeswalkers first. That is not the most frustrating part about rewards or the update. It's understandable that's what you people want to push because it's new, but it sucks. No one wants to play it because you **** up the rewards. But that's not the main cause of frustration!

Can you work on what is the main pain point for your customers!

Reading that Trials will be next to fix, in your next meeting is infuriating. This means any true change won't be available for another month because you want to focus on the peripheral stuff no one cares about.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Im playing something else now im that sick of the game.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You should go look at Animation Throwdown and see how that runs.
    Theyve covered every aspect. Makes your efforts to fix this game look poor.

Even the base monwy u make can bw rrades for cards and i u buy 5 or more at one u get a rare.
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Houdin wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    1. Event Rewards: We are still analyzing data from many of the events, but one event we've focused our initial attention on was Trial of the Planes.

We've taken a look at the data, coupled with the community's feedback, and confirmed that the rewards for that event weren't high enough to meet our expected long-term numbers. Due to this, the development team will be improving progression rewards for the Trial of the Planes events. They are currently busy with preparing the next update, but I would speculate they'll starting discussing Trial of the Planes improvements once the next update is released.

2. Mythics: As of this moment, I haven't heard any plans to remove Mythics from the Elite Packs. When it comes to duplicates, we will be implementing a system that will allow players to use those duplicates to acquire the cards they don't own yet. This should be coming within the next few months.

In addition, if you have received a duplicate Masterpiece from the Elite Packs, please leave it in your inventory and contact Customer Support. They can compensate you with a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you have somehow received another duplicate from the compensation Elite Pack, please contact Customer Support again, and they will credit you with Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

3. Drop Rates: As of this moment, I am also unaware of any plans to adjust the drop rates. Having said that though, if you'd like to message me with your UID, then I can have the developers investigate your account to see if there aren't any issues with it, since it's peculiar you haven't received a single mythic in 1000 cards.

While I can't necessarily tell you right now that everything will be going back to the way it used to be, I can say the following:
      - In the future, I will definitely do my best to communicate more frequently to the community. - Yes! Deck Slots are coming in the next update. - There won't be duplicate trades, but you will be able to use a new system coming soon that takes duplicates and allows you to acquire new cards with them.

Brigby,
    I do appreciate the reply and please understand that I really do think you are awesome and most likely a very important reason that many of us have not just uninstalled at this point.

Having said that...
    1. Event rewards. We really need you to make this a priority to your bosses. As it stands there is absolutely no reason to spend money to stay competitive as an individual player or as a member of a coalition. I really can't understand how whomever is in charge of this decision can't grasp this basic principle of economics. It is simple supply and demand. When you remove the demand for your product you don't sell your supply.

2. Elite packs. Again supply and demand. Now that we have proof from other members who purchased this product only to receive dupe Mythics multiple times because as we are all aware the coding is written to lean heavily towards giving you cards you already have, you have removed the demand for the product. No one is going to spend money in that high of an amount to get a 99.9% chance at receiving the same card they already have.

3. Drop rates. There are so many threads about this as I know you are aware. I guess we will have to see what the change is when the dupe exchange comes in. I can promise you though if it's simply exchange your dupes to get another pack that is going to be 99.99999% dupes it won't go over well with the community.

In essence as I saw in another thread D3 completely removed the "gamblers fallacy" from the game. Even a gambling addict isn't stupid enough to play Russian roulette when all the barrels are loaded.

The funny thing is, almost all of this could be fixed by just changing the reward system to replacing the top awards to a free pull at the masterpiece pack for individuals and top ten teams. Even though we would get dupes 99% of the time for us top players that 1% chance at our shiny new toy is worth the effort of our time and money.

Houdin

I'm still waiting Brigby. What happened to that open communication?