Unrostered Heroes Question / Reward Section

nonnel1
nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Let's just hypothetically say that someone has a bunch of tokens to pull. Like, a whole bunch... Like, cat ladies come to him for hoarding advice.

Like, he laughs when he sees 50 token Club cause he'd have enough hoarded tokens for 100 members of that club... (5k+).

At what point does the "claim your rewards" area just give up? Will it be able to store all 5k newly pulled heroes, or will the game just break?

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, from a programming point of view, it depends on how they set things up. My guess would be something would break around 32767 rewards on the vine (or possibly 65535, considering you can't have a negative reward count). These numbers are INT_MAX (the maximum value for an object of type int) and UINT_MAX (the maximum value for an object of type unsigned int). Just a guess though. Would have to see code or get that many to be sure.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Well, from a programming point of view, it depends on how they set things up. My guess would be something would break around 32767 rewards on the vine (or possibly 65535, considering you can't have a negative reward count). These numbers are INT_MAX (the maximum value for an object of type int) and UINT_MAX (the maximum value for an object of type unsigned int). Just a guess though. Would have to see code or get that many to be sure.

They could have used a long int, but I bet when they first coded it, they didn't expect people to hoard tokens for a year or more. The graphics now just display 99+
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could always email support or PM a dev. I bet Anthony would let you know in less than a day.
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Update: So nearly 2k in there now.... still functioning
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone in my alliance previously had so many tokens that it actually covered up the 'train' button. I dunno if that asnwers your question but its the most I've seen. Somewhere around the 5k mark