What determines who attacks on which gems?

Options
Katai
Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
For a while, I thought it was whoever does the most damage on a particular gem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have Iron Man doing 19 damage on yellow gems, and Thor doing 42 damage on yellow gems, but Iron Man gets the yellow gem attack (making my matching damage really terrible if I have Thor and Iron Man together).

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    You're correct. What you're most likely seeing is within the Thor Tournament. Currently, buffed characters are using their unbuffed Color Strengths to determine who attacks, as they would in a normal round. So even if Thor would be at 42 and Iron Man at 19, Thor's unbuffed strength is 16/17, so he's behind Iron Man in terms of who attacks.
  • Confusion is a pretty good reason to fix this bug. Things that are unintuitive generally don't fair well in production environments.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Ranzera wrote:
    Confusion is a pretty good reason to fix this bug. Things that are unintuitive generally don't fair well in production environments.
    Well, if it *does* stay around, we'd want to modify the UI so that it alleviates that confusion. From my own personal point of view, I like the "feature". Makes buffed characters less of a powerhouse but still definitely useful (Thunder Strike HURTS). The UI is less than helpful in figuring things out though.
  • Can you guys just buff the skills and not the tile values? That would be far less confusing. Even if it is kind of fun to play around with teams to get the buffed tile damage lol
  • Or you could tailor the boosts you give to make the hero strong but not oppressive. But hey that's just reason talking.
  • What about environment tiles? The same characters seem to have control over shattering them, but how is that rank determined? For instance, my Thor will shatter them over my Storms and Iron Mans, but my Black Widow and Daken will shatter over Thor. They all have a base 3 environment stat. What determines who shatters them?
  • I think IceIX mentioned elsewhere that behind the scenes those numbers aren't integers, they're just rounded in the UI. So much of the time there probably isn't a tie, it only appears that way due to rounding.