Jean Grey (Phoenix) Psychic Flames Bug

Options
Philly79
Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
On at least 3 occasions during lightning rounds and the red shift PvP there were enough strike tiles on the board for psychic flames to trigger the attack tile penalty but it never did even though there were blank black tiles available for it to work properly. Has anyone else noticed this since the 123 update?

Comments

• meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This happens to me too. I haven't figured out what causes it yet.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Guys, sorry to hear that you're having a problem with Jean Grey (Phoenix)'s power. Could either of you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can see the state of the board when this issue occurred?
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am now pretty sure the ability is actually functioning mostly fine. It was a combination of me misunderstanding how the ability worked, and not paying enough attention to other special tiles.

To the first point, the entire ability happens as an atomic action. It checks for the existence of 5 friendly special tiles as you fire it, so the 3-4 created friendly Strike tiles do not count for the purpose of creating enemy Attack Tiles. To the second point, all special tiles count towards it. So it counts not only Strike tiles, but also Attack tiles, Protect tiles, Countdown tiles, and even Black Hole tiles.

That it counts friendly Black Hole tiles is a bit surprising since this was supposed to have been specifically patched on February 27 with R121.

I imagine that Phily79 could have been confused for similar reasons. Thank you for following up!