Thanos Infinite Power not working? [solved]

Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
I scoured this board but don't see any other mention of this: I had Thanos' purple CD tile out, and Moonstone was still able to "gravity warp" a tile to another location. Isn't this board manipulation and should not be allowed? I didn't mind because she didn't do any harm or damage, but this seems like a bug.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is working as intended, or at least that's the general interpretation. The power specifies that "no tiles may be destroyed or changed ... (tiles may still be matched away)". It says nothing about tiles being moved or rearranged. So turning a tile into a strike tile with Daken or smashing them with Juggernaut green is not allowed, but moving them around with Loki's purple or Moonstone's purple works.

Abilities that change/destroy tiles and do something else that's still valid will still work (for example, 2* Wolverine's green will do damage, but create no strike tiles), giving only the valid effects, but abilities that have no currently valid effects will fail to fire.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    This is working as intended, or at least that's the general interpretation. The power specifies that "no tiles may be destroyed or changed ... (tiles may still be matched away)". It says nothing about tiles being moved or rearranged. So turning a tile into a strike tile with Daken or smashing them with Juggernaut green is not allowed, but moving them around with Loki's purple or Moonstone's purple works.

Abilities that change/destroy tiles and do something else that's still valid will still work (for example, 2* Wolverine's green will do damage, but create no strike tiles), giving only the valid effects, but abilities that have no currently valid effects will fail to fire.

Got it! Thanks for the explanation! I thought the board was not allowed to be manipulated with powers but this makes sense.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    she isn't changing or destroying a tile she's moving it

since Infinite Power is Purple there's no way for the field to collapse

Mr Fantastic's Blue in this instance could still swap tiles but wouldn't change them same with Coulson Purple