Forced update – no update available

icarusmonkey
icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
iOS, iPhone 6

Is anyone else having this problem? Every time I've opened the app since last night, it pops up with the "An update is available!" bubble, which you can't get rid of. When I tap on OK, it takes me to the App Store, and there isn't actually an update available. So I tap the "+OPEN" to go back to the game, and the bubble pops up again, ad nauseam. Game is unplayable.

I do have automatic updates turned on, but I haven't noticed it updating itself. Force-closing the app (and all apps) and restarting the phone do not help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should contact customer support: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274

In case anyone else has this problem, could you specify your iOS version? And did you already update to R123, the update released on Monday?
  • icarusmonkey
    icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Thanks Dayv. As it turns out, it was the iPhone software which hadn't been updated. I never got a notification that it was out-of-date, but when I checked manually, an update was available. After downloading and installing (which took ages!) the app worked fine, so no CS ticket needed. I recommend anyone else who might have this issue check this first.

Cheers for the advice.