Hixus + Exert Influence bug

Options
Houdin
Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
This bug was seen on RAtC 3.3 tezz. AI hand was locked down by hixus. I used exert to steal the construct. Next turn hixus was removed from the board. Opponents creatures became enabled again, however the stolen construct remained locked out for the rest of the game.

Comments

• toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I believe this is technically working exactly as the card is written. Certainly feels bad though.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, this isn't right. Once Hixus is off the board, the creature should no longer be disabled. It's correct if the creature was disabled, you used exert to steal it and Hixus stayed on the board, of if you had Hixus and your opponent uses Turn Against, or something similar.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Once Hixus is off the board, the creature should no longer be disabled.
    Can you explain why you think this? The wording seems unambiguous to me; only its controller's opponent's creatures get enabled when Hixus leaves. I think it it were going to work the way you expect it to, the second line of text would read, "When this support is destroyed, enable all creatures disabled by it." Or something like that. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Delnai said:
    wereotter said:
    Can you explain why you think this? The wording seems unambiguous to me; only its controller's opponent's creatures get enabled when Hixus leaves. I think it it were going to work the way you expect it to, the second line of text would read, "When this support is destroyed, enable all creatures disabled by it." Or something like that. 
    Mostly thinking that if you have out Hixus and Claustrophobia/Suppression Bonds your opponent's first creature doesn't get enabled again once Hixus leaves. Also I've read reports where if your opponent steals your creature and disables it because of Hixus on the field through an effect like Turn Against, that it does reenable once Hixus leaves.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Delnai said:
    wereotter said:
    Mostly thinking that if you have out Hixus and Claustrophobia/Suppression Bonds your opponent's first creature doesn't get enabled again once Hixus leaves. Also I've read reports where if your opponent steals your creature and disables it because of Hixus on the field through an effect like Turn Against, that it does reenable once Hixus leaves.

I can confirm that when I broke hixus used against me
    that my opponents creatures (borrowed by me that are
    now under the influence of hixus) were all re-enabled at
    the same time as mine were.

HH
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wereotter said:

For Claustrophobia/Bonds, I think that Hixus does enable the first creature, but then Claustrophobia immediately disables it again. Claustrophobia in some sense is always reapplying itself. For example if a player has a creature out that is locked down by Claustrophobia and then plays a defender, any enters play effects of the defender won't trigger since Claustrophobia immediately disables it. 

Now, I ageee the Turn Against interaction is confusing. I hadn't heard about that...