Ending my VIP payments

dchockeyguy
dchockeyguy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
D3 and Demiurge,

I'm not a frequent poster, but I feel it's time to post. Today was the last day of my VIP membership. I've been buying it since it was introduced, but no more. I'm also no longer buying ISO-8 or HP. As I probably represent a large portion of the average players who never post here, I wanted to post why I'm no longer supporting the game.

As you can probably guess, it is due to vaulting. This is such a terrible idea, I don't know why you ever implemented it. For players such as myself, it's now even more difficult to compete. The 4 star choices YOU have made to make available hurt many of us in the long run. Have you ever looked at a great post I found here ranking the 4 star heroes? Most of them aren't available in the vault now, so only people who have been playing for a long time and were able to get them can have them. Sure, I can "Favorite" any 4-star, but at the rate I get that bonus pull, it's not even worth talking about. I've recently been lucky enough to get several classic legendary pulls, and I managed to get one bonus pull. How is that going to help us get any of the better, older, 4 stars? It's not.

So, simply put, I've decided to give my money to other games, at least until this terrible idea has been changed.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    All they had to do was put the 12 newest 4*s into the Latest and the rest of the 4*s into Classics and it would have been praised by most as a great move.

Instead we get this mess.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    All they had to do was put the 12 newest 4*s into the Latest and the rest of the 4*s into Classics and it would have been praised by most as a great move.

Agreed. They've indicated that they are looking at addressing our concerns but the fact that the easiest and obvious move didn't seem to be listed in the running makes me wonder if they really want our money. They only care about the mega-whales. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    stopped my VIP last month (during the CP renewal issue), and I haven't found any difference, except the shield intercepts, which you just watch and turn your phone over and count to 30 for a random reward, or not. Having 121 roster spots and the way I play the game, I've found the health boost negligible and still have made 100k iso in less than 10 days.

Vaulting was a horrible idea - i didn't even buy HP during the recent sale, as I would have bought a stark or two in the past during the sale. Not even a sniff this time. Nope!

After just over 1015 days playing this game, I feel like my loyalty and unwavering support through multiple bugs and other issues through almost three years has gone unrecognized.

Sunk cost fallacy is the only reason I still play this game at all and I know that will wear off soon. icon_e_confused.gif

Oh well, not that they wanted to keep my business, or yours.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same boat here. I had a fair amount of building discontent with bugs, wasted rewards, and the like. Vaulting was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me. I let my VIP expire and sat out the HP sale. And, I get the problem that they were trying to solve. And technically, it did solve it. I just don't understand how they didn't realize it creates a problem of equal proportion.

In the end, how they address it will determine if I ever come back. Trying to set up a storefront to profiteer from a bad scene they created is, unfortunately, what I expect they'll do. The whole idea of paying 2000 HP for a cover that will give me a champion level and associated reward of 50 HP is just absurd. I just have the sinking feeling that's exactly what they'll try.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

Even your suggestion would leave some people out.

They should have kept the tokens how they were and added a second version of each token with the truncated amount of 4*s, that way people wouldn't have to exclude the latest 4*s from their roster nor the person after latest 5*s having to miss out on the full range of 4*s.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    My VIP is ending in a few days and I'm not going to renew it for the same reasons.

I hope the ads I'm skipping aren't compulsory to watch. If they are then I'm quitting completely.

Thanks D3 for denying a spread of covers over a bigger chance of drawing a sixth colour over a lesser choice of characters. I've already sold off far more than I've gained from this process.

Who cares about Quake and Red Hulk when you're promoting and shovelling franchises into our faces? After two years I'm still transitioning. For new players you're giving them a choice of selecting twelve characters who might be lucky with RNG of getting a cover of a character who they have never had any experience with before. It's like asking someone which brand they prefer purely from the ingredients.

When it comes to new 4*s I've stopped caring. Why should I care about a new 4* when it means that they've made another 4* meaningless?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    My VIP is ending in a few days and I'm not going to renew it for the same reasons.

I hope the ads I'm skipping aren't compulsory to watch. If they are then I'm quitting completely.

Thanks D3 for denying a spread of covers over a bigger chance of drawing a sixth colour over a lesser choice of characters. I've already sold off far more than I've gained from this process.

Who cares about Quake and Red Hulk when you're promoting and shovelling franchises into our faces? After two years I'm still transitioning. For new players you're giving them a choice of selecting twelve characters who might be lucky with RNG of getting a cover of a character who they have never had any experience with before. It's like asking someone which brand they prefer purely from the ingredients.

When it comes to new 4*s I've stopped caring. Why should I care about a new 4* when it means that they've made another 4* meaningless?

The ads are compulsory when they happen. 20 times in a day at max, not that bad really.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

The ads are compulsory when they happen. 20 times in a day at max, not that bad really.

No they aren't. Just hit "Claim" for your normal round reward instead of "Watch Video." No commercial will play, and no additional bonus reward will pay out.

SHIELD_Signal_Intercepts_01.jpg
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for confirming. I know the £7.99 a month loss won't even dent D3 in the slightest but I'm glad I can circumvent the ads.

I almost spent £15.99 on Hero Points at a chance of more Howard The Duck covers but decided against it. My Howard The Duck is 2/2/4, my Devil Dinosaur is 3/3/3 with more covers incoming in the next couple of months. The new PvE has an opportunity to receive two covers for a latest character, usually it's one for an older character. I'm pretty sure that the last PvE event with two 4* covers was for a latest character.

But any way, I guess a point I'm trying to drive is that I have two limited cover characters who I'm closer to maxing and championing faster than most of the vaulted characters. The fact that Agent Venom is getting two reward covers over the usual one...please correct my memory of the last occasion this took place.

I don't care if people think Howard or Devil Dino are useless. At least there's events when their covers are available, we already know why they're not included in usual events. The other 4*s I'm waiting on an answer for why they're treated differently from other transitions.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    But any way, I guess a point I'm trying to drive is that I have two limited cover characters who I'm closer to maxing and championing faster than most of the vaulted characters. The fact that Agent Venom is getting two reward covers over the usual one...please correct my memory of the last occasion this took place.

I don't care if people think Howard or Devil Dino are useless. At least there's events when their covers are available, we already know why they're not included in usual events. The other 4*s I'm waiting on an answer for why they're treated differently from other transitions.
    You're getting two Agent Venom covers because Hulk is a seven day event.
    They started giving out two 4* covers in seven day events in EOTS about a month ago.

This is a new development, independent from vaulting.
    You'd get two Rulk covers in seven day events, too.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    It wouldn't even be bad if they spread out the covers you get:
    All I get is one of four: Agent Venom (yuck), Gwenpoole (TONS), Blade and Peggy Carter (she's championed, so it's ok).

There is nothing so frustrating than getting your VIP and then getting your legendary token and finding it to be absolutely useless.

The final straw was their tragic 2 day response time for a payment that I made that I did not get the HP for - not supporting this.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I also am no longer buying anything. When they started this system I had 2 covers on agent venom, now I've almost got all 13, and have a few reds I can't use. I'm glad I managed to get 10-ish classic 4*'s championed prior to this change because it's rare to pull a 4* that isn't blade or agent venom.

Why get excited about a chance to get something you don't want? Legendary rolls used to be the highlight of my day, now it's just awaiting disappointment.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I'm also afraid of a strategic bias they recently created (intentional or not). I know the 10 year anniversary of Puzzle Quest happened when it happened because that's when it happened, but, they'll look at the complaints over vaulting, check with their recent income (HP/ISO sale) and see excellent sales numbers. So, even though 99% of the forum base HATES character vaulting, they'll see no detriment in their sales and assume overall, everything is fine.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I fear I too shall be joining you in not renewing my VIP status anymore.
  • twobites
    twobites Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I'm probably not far off from ending VIP either, precisely due to vaulting. I'm lucky in that I have most of the older 4*'s fully covered and quite a few champed, but now tons of the newer ones fully covered, like Agent Venom, who gets my vote as the worst 4* ever. Going through the pain of earning LT/CP now seems pointless when pulling covers from either Latest or Classic Legends pack is like trading in your LT/CP for 1000 ISO due to the **** unusable cover I get for some character that is not on my priority list to champ.

If ISO were easier to get, I guess I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it as some but it's still too damn limited, even when I can earn ~30-35k per day. It's still not enough to actually use a significant portion of the 4* covers I have pulled since they nerfed LT/CP.

This together with making OML and Carnage junk characters, plus the constant stream of new characters and unfixed bugs, is becoming a bit much. I continue to play because, like someone else, I've invested a ton in this game and enjoy helping guide newer players in my alliance. But my spending is probably at or near and end. If the game continues on the trajectory that it is on, helping newer players get better at the game will start feeling like I'm betraying them in convincing them that the game is worth it when I'm really questioning that lately.

Hopefully D3 actually reads and does something with the feedback on the forums. Give us at least some indication that you care and are willing to adjust your strategy.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be ending my VIP renewal when it expires this weekend. The two legendary tokens just aren't that enticing anymore. They really screwed us with this OML nerf. It's not even that I'm upset about the nerf, but they really **** us with the sell price. My 10 cover, level 300 OML is only worth 24k ISO and two 5* tokens. Really? ****?? Living Legend - not so much.