Wheel of fortune idea

Options
antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
I think it would be great that when you cash out a recruit token, instead of just waiting to see the colour that will apear, to watch a wheel turning.
For example in heroic tokens to be 7 slots with 2 star s and three with 3 stars (or what possibilities the moderators decide).
I think it will be much more fun.

On the other hand this could be difficult in standar tokens, where the possibility of a 3 star is around 3%. There has to be a really really big wheel.

Comments

• Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nah...it'd be fun exactly once.
    Just show me what I won, rather than make me sit through a 5 second animation every time that just ends up showing the predetermined random number anyway.
  • I disagree. If I saw the possibilities in the wheel of fortune, and I get a bagman, it would make sadder than normal. It's better to not see anything at all.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    Nah...it'd be fun exactly once.
    Just show me what I won, rather than make me sit through a 5 second animation every time that just ends up showing the predetermined random number anyway.

Truth spoken. I've already grown tired of the flashy screen before the cover is handed to me (even though it was changed some time ago). If I had to wait for my reward each time watching a spinning wheel, I'd get furious. Besides, doesn't this thread belong in Suggestions/Feedback instead of here?
  • Truth spoken. I've already grown tired of the flashy screen before the cover is handed to me (even though it was changed some time ago). If I had to wait for my reward each time watching a spinning wheel, I'd get furious. Besides, doesn't this thread belong in Suggestions/Feedback instead of here?

True, but tell me you don't get a tickle of exhilaration when you see that gold cover icon pop. I always linger on it for a sec to plead with the MPQ gods that it's not another green hulk.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I think it would be great that when you cash out a recruit token, instead of just waiting to see the colour that will apear, to watch a wheel turning.
    For example in heroic tokens to be 7 slots with 2 star s and three with 3 stars (or what possibilities the moderators decide).
    I think it will be much more fun.
    Actual transcript of QA test: "OMG OMG Spidey blue! OMG there it is again! OMG and again!... Moonstone purple. F--- you, RNG."
  • Interesting idea. With an option to get the simple one it would be cool indeed -- though I would vote dev time put on actual issues like CD-ownership display.

However in general I'd really like the token pull replaced by a minigame where I have some influence so it is not pure random but takes input from something I do. It's quite a letdown to just get all the useless stuff and my *** ratio stays well below half of statistics in short, long and fulltime runs.

(OTOH that would open an exploit very likely, so is better than current thing only as long as it's broken too by client-side prize generation).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. I'd hate this. The one star screen is already a delay on a disappointment. Like the game is saying, "Congratulations! You just won something that is useless and you'll immediately sell. Let's build the suspense a while before we show you which one star character you already have maxed out."

Please, don't make it longer.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will never get back the time I have spent opening Yelena and selling her. It likely adds up to hours. Hours I could have spent doing recreational drugs or learning a foreign language. Please do not make this process any longer.

In fact, I have a suggestion: whenever it's Yelena, just give me the 100 ISO. Don't even tell me who it was. Congratulations! You recruited 100 ISO!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I will never get back the time I have spent opening Yelena and selling her. It likely adds up to hours. Hours I could have spent doing recreational drugs or learning a foreign language. Please do not make this process any longer.

In fact, I have a suggestion: whenever it's Yelena, just give me the 100 ISO. Don't even tell me who it was. Congratulations! You recruited 100 ISO!
    I actually leveled my Yelena to about 25 before I knew better.