I played for three weeks and I only got 1 lousy level

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't been hitting the simulator this season since the 2K reward is just Mordo ( icon_rolleyes.gif ), so i haven't hit the 5K reward for the season yet. I finally noticed that it was 2000 ISO, and since i'm trying to champ BroHulk to keep from wasting a cover, i'm keenly aware of how much ISO i'm generating from each action.

Bottom line is this: when a player hits 5K in a season (a nominally easy task, but still one that requires a good bit of play), they earn enough to add one level to a 4*. Specifically, you can move from level 187 to 188.

That seems so woefully inadequate as to be laughable, if it wasn't so insulting.

I'm not the first person to complain about the ISO deficit, and I certainly won't be the last. But they could at the very least increase their rewards for high-level, cumulative play (such as a season) without breaking the ISO bank. Because if the rewards were better, maybe --- just maybe --- players would play more, spend more on shields because their ranks mattered, and maybe even earn extra covers and be motivated to spend on roster slots, extra tokens, or who knows what?

tl;dr: 1050+ day player complaining about ISO. Again.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play more, there's iso out there. Many of us are earning +40k/day. Play sim each match is iso and xp, play LRs iso, pve is iso, xp, covers (more iso).

Stop complaining and go get it
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    fmftint wrote:
    Play more, there's iso out there. Many of us are earning +40k/day. Play sim each match is iso and xp, play LRs iso, pve is iso, xp, covers (more iso).

Stop complaining and go get it
    Valuable input.

icon_e_confused.gif
    chamber44 wrote:
    I haven't been hitting the simulator this season since the 2K reward is just Mordo ( icon_rolleyes.gif ), so i haven't hit the 5K reward for the season yet. I finally noticed that it was 2000 ISO, and since i'm trying to champ BroHulk to keep from wasting a cover, i'm keenly aware of how much ISO i'm generating from each action.

Bottom line is this: when a player hits 5K in a season (a nominally easy task, but still one that requires a good bit of play), they earn enough to add one level to a 4*. Specifically, you can move from level 187 to 188.

That seems so woefully inadequate as to be laughable, if it wasn't so insulting.

I'm not the first person to complain about the ISO deficit, and I certainly won't be the last. But they could at the very least increase their rewards for high-level, cumulative play (such as a season) without breaking the ISO bank. Because if the rewards were better, maybe --- just maybe --- players would play more, spend more on shields because their ranks mattered, and maybe even earn extra covers and be motivated to spend on roster slots, extra tokens, or who knows what?

tl;dr: 1050+ day player complaining about ISO. Again.

The rewards are overall inadequate for a lot of structures related to progress, 3 stars are still at 800 in PVP.
    Hopefully they take the time and tinker with some of the pvp rewards at some point.

The seasonal rewards beyond the 10 pack are spaced ridiculously and just meh in general for strength of roster they take anyhow, (well dedication to PVP)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    i haven't hit the 5K reward for the season yet. I finally noticed that it was 2000 ISO
    Your math is just a bit off, but I can help. The rewards for 5000 points this season is:
    5000 ISO
    200 HP
    10 CP
    Elite Token
    Heroic Token (x11)
    GSBW cover (x3)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    i haven't hit the 5K reward for the season yet. I finally noticed that it was 2000 ISO
    Your math is just a bit off, but I can help. The rewards for 5000 points this season is:
    5000 ISO
    200 HP
    10 CP
    Elite Token
    Heroic Token (x11)
    GSBW cover (x3)

That doesn't seem much better for him at 1050 days to be fair, though your just adding all the previous rewards.

Maybe there should be some SCL levels to boost it a tiny bit.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    5000 ISO
    200 HP
    10 CP
    Elite Token
    Heroic Token (x11)
    GSBW cover (x3)

No, those are the rewards for 4000, 3500, 3000, 2700, etc.

You know exactly what he meant by the reward for 5000 points is 2000 ISO. Quit trolling. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    5000 ISO
    200 HP
    10 CP
    Elite Token
    Heroic Token (x11)
    GSBW cover (x3)

Yeah but that includes all previous rewards. I think the point OP was making is that after you hit that heroic 10pk, there's not a lot of motivation to keep going as far as season progression rewards.

Personally, I'd love to see a new reward every 100 points or so. Like SHIELD Sim, where there's lots of smaller rewards but it gives you a constant sense of progression. It needs more attractive rewards too. Throw an LT in the middle around 5k and you'll get a lot more people playing pvp up to that point.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    5000 ISO
    200 HP
    10 CP
    Elite Token
    Heroic Token (x11)
    GSBW cover (x3)

No, those are the rewards for 4000, 3500, 3000, 2700, etc.

You know exactly what he meant by the reward for 5000 points is 2000 ISO. Quit trolling. icon_rolleyes.gif
    But to complain that hitting 5k season ONLY rewards "1 lousy level" is incredibly misleading as well. It's not like the 5k prize is the only rewards, you are rewarded throughout that journey.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I'm not trolling. I listed what you get for going to 5000 points. I think it's unfair to say 'I went all the way to 5000 and all I got was 2000 lousy ISO'. That's not true. You got 2000 ISO for getting 1000 points (4000-5000)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5000 Points also means you did at least 67 PvP fights (probably more unless you got 75 Points on pretty much every single one). Every fight also represents an ISO reward, if we say each is Worth 100 ISO (which is lowballing it), it is still almost 7000 ISO.
    Not a whole lot, but it adds up.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Subject is very misleading. That's not the only thing you got for playing three weeks, with all the match, progression, placement, and interceptor rewards. And that's just pvp. There's also DDQ and pve, since subject wasn't specific.
    Seems like a troll topic just to gripe and get people to pick up pitchforks and torches.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    MojoWild wrote:
    Seems like a troll topic just to gripe and get people to pick up pitchforks and torches.

Not at all. Of course we get ISO from all the matches that propel us to 5000. But that's missing my point. The reward for reaching 4000 (ten Heroics, meaning at minimum, you're getting 2500 ISO) is better than the one at 5000. It's just like the dearth of rewards from 900-1200. Is pushing that final 300 really worth a mere 15 CP, or might you be better served grinding nodes in PvE?
    (obviously, that doesn't have to be an either/or question - I don't expect that i should earn the same amount of ISO that others who play 4 times as much as i do earn).

You could even look at the different rewards in the sim - SL6 and SL8 are barely different. Why would I risk playing against rosters that might be so much stronger?

My entire point is simply this: the progression rewards being offered at the high tiers sucks hard, and while it may not help to continually point it out to the devs, it can't hurt.

Plus - it gives me something to talk about so I can avoid doing real work.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    chamber44 wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

Not at all. Of course we get ISO from all the matches that propel us to 5000. But that's missing my point. The reward for reaching 4000 (ten Heroics, meaning at minimum, you're getting 2500 ISO) is better than the one at 5000. It's just like the dearth of rewards from 900-1200. Is pushing that final 300 really worth a mere 15 CP, or might you be better served grinding nodes in PvE?
    (obviously, that doesn't have to be an either/or question - I don't expect that i should earn the same amount of ISO that others who play 4 times as much as i do earn).

You could even look at the different rewards in the sim - SL6 and SL8 are barely different. Why would I risk playing against rosters that might be so much stronger?

My entire point is simply this: the progression rewards being offered at the high tiers sucks hard, and while it may not help to continually point it out to the devs, it can't hurt.

Plus - it gives me something to talk about so I can avoid doing real work.

It's just a little bonus. You can't get to 5k without playing 4-5 pvp. It's not like it took someone at your level a lot of effort.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:

SCL does not change your opponents in pvp - those are determined by a mix of your score and your roster. Try it sometime - do a pvp you don't care about at SCL1, then do the next at SCL8. There's no difference.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    5000 Points also means you did at least 67 PvP fights (probably more unless you got 75 Points on pretty much every single one). Every fight also represents an ISO reward, if we say each is Worth 100 ISO (which is lowballing it), it is still almost 7000 ISO.
    Not a whole lot, but it adds up.

Not to mention the placement and progression rewards from the individual events too, the seasonal rewards should really be looked at as a bonus on top of those rewards and a reasonable encouragement for people to push a bit higher in pvp the next time if they just miss out on a particular score in the previous season.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    You got 2000 ISO for getting 1000 points (4000-5000)

Yes, which is absolutely pathetic.

The entire reward structure past 4K needs serious rework; the gaps in between and what you get for the progression are terrible.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE is where the ISO lives. Playing that a lot will definitely help your ISO levels.