Can I get a Brigby comment on Intercepts?

2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ever since they posted that "Intercepts are now better by increased frequency and more rewards", they have been worse.. alot worse.

Personally for me, despite having VIP, I still had to watch videos. When I contacted CS, they basically told me there was a glitch and the best way to solve it is if I buy Iso/HP. Founately it was during a sale so I bought a Stark. Of course the VIP ad-free intercepts worked after that and they have been working ever since but CS could not refund my VIP or anything to help... Very unfair and not cool.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. The issue of missing or infrequent Intercepts is something that has been brought up to the developers before. They're still investigating what the cause of this is, but they're getting closer to pinpointing it.

Not exactly the news I was hoping for, but I appreciate the response/update nonetheless! Good to know it's still being worked on at least.

Has the fact that they don't actually work much of the time they do show up also been brought up with the developers? I'd say that's just as much of an issue and I wasn't sure if that was included when you said "missing or infrequent"?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    VizMantis wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. The issue of missing or infrequent Intercepts is something that has been brought up to the developers before. They're still investigating what the cause of this is, but they're getting closer to pinpointing it.

Not exactly the news I was hoping for, but I appreciate the response/update nonetheless! Good to know it's still being worked on at least.

Has the fact that they don't actually work much of the time they do show up also been brought up with the developers? I'd say that's just as much of an issue and I wasn't sure if that was included when you said "missing or infrequent"?
    We've noticed a few peculiar trends when it comes to the Intercept issues.

1) We've seen reports of more iOS users experiencing low amounts of Intercepts than Android users.
    2) We've seen reports that purchasing an item causes Intercepts to (in a sense) return due to the "Stark's Support Skip" appearing (Not the official name. I just like alliterations. icon_razz.gif )
      - This is very interesting since it gives us further information into what part of the Intercept delivery process might be the reason for the issue.
    Are you saying though that sometimes the Intercept will appear, but the video won't play?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    VizMantis wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

1) We've seen reports of more iOS users experiencing low amounts of Intercepts than Android users.
    2) We've seen reports that purchasing an item causes Intercepts to (in a sense) return due to the "Stark's Support Skip" appearing (Not the official name. I just like alliterations. icon_razz.gif )
      - This is very interesting since it gives us further information into what part of the Intercept delivery process might be the reason for the issue.
    Are you saying though that sometimes the Intercept will appear, but the video won't play?

I have had this happen (iOS), but only if the match has been paused for an extended period.
  • ColSanders942
    ColSanders942 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Brigby wrote:
    VizMantis wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I apologize for 'intercepting' VizMantis' post/question, but it applies to my situation: I'm a two-device user (both iOS). I receive no SHIELD Intercepts on my iPhone 6+, but receive plenty of them on my iPad Mini 2. About half of the Intercepts received on my iPad do not load video at all, and as a result, give no reward. When I switch devices, I make sure to log out completely. The lack of Intercepts on my iPhone 6+ has lasted for about 2 months now, which is about the same amount of time the video fails on the iPad have occurred.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    Most definitely this, unfortunately. During the final play of the Venom Heroic this evening I had three Intercepts in a row where I was simply returned to the Story sub screen without anything playing followed by a third Intercept where an ad played but I didn't get a reward afterwards.

I know it's for bonus rewards and I'm not strictly losing out on anything, but when it happens with this frequency it is more than a bit frustrating. Also playing on iOS myself btw.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I can also say on iOS when prompted to "watch ad" it acts as if there is a crash and returns to the current event screen. Seem like possibly as issue with the video player (if one is used, i wouldn't know)
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

Looks like several others have answered for me already, but yes. The Intercept button appears, I push it, and I just go back to the event screen. No video, no reward. It seems to occur over 50% of the time I get an Intercept opportunity. That's the issue I reported to CS months ago, as it seemed like an obvious bug. This was what I was most curious about the status on.

Of course, the infrequency of opportunities has only made it worse. 50% of 20 Intercepts wasn't too irksome, 50% of 0-4 is rough.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update Brigby, I'm on iOS and I would like to add that shield intercepts only seem to be offered while I'm away from home and not on wifi. However, the majority of these sessions are mostly played in pvp, the few battles I do dab in pve frequently offered shield intercepts. While I'm home on wifi is when I'm playing mostly in pve and it's been over a month since I last saw a shield intercept being offered. I recently upgraded my device from iPad mini 2 to a mini 4 (which involves a clean install and restore of account) and I'm still seeing the same behavior.

How does the game detect a session? Is it IP address? If so, is this the reason I don't get offered any shield intercept while on wifi at home?