Vaulted characters and the Daily resupply list

DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
On day 1195, we get a Moon Knight cover from daily resupply. That's in 2 days for me, and probably about a month or two ago for people who are right at the top. IIRC, this will be the second Moon Knight cover from daily login, yet he was vaulted out of Tokens about 2 weeks ago.

Now this isn't a huge problem, just one of those quirks that has arisen from implementing one system to try and encourage a robust and evolving meta-game, but leaving older, archaic systems in place. I assume that there's going to be a third MK cover for daily login eventually. That'll become a champ level, because I was fortunate enough to get MK finished before he was vaulted. But looking ahead, these daily login covers are going to start to be an anomaly.

In the end, it's only going to be a case of 3 covers for any given character, so maybe it doesn't matter. Is it time to replace the daily login with something different? I've long thought that a monthly calendar style login tracker would be a better alternative, especially since those reset at the start of each month and are considerably less daunting for newcomers than reading about "Day 1195". That was the whole reason for taking away Season numbers, so there's definitely some precedent.

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I have had MK covered for some time now, but champed others before him due to arrival of 14th covers. Just the other day I was looking at this thread and noticed that throughout October/November of this year, I'll have covers 14-16 show up despite MK being vaulted...

Obviously, I have plenty of time until then (being >6mos away), and who knows where the game will be by that time, but it still got me thinking if it'll be worth it to champ him to use those three covers, or just look at it as 3k ISO incoming.

I have a similar situation with my covered Drax, but I've only one cover for him incoming (in August).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    The devs aren't trying to completely remove vaulted characters, they just want it to be easier to cover new ones when there are 40+ 4's. They aren't removing them from event vaults, progression rewards, placement rewards, or champ rewards.

I'm fine with leaving it as is, even though I'm around day 900 and I have quite a few vaulted 4's coming up for me that I won't be able to use.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    The devs aren't trying to completely remove vaulted characters, they just want it to be easier to cover new ones when there are 40+ 4's. They aren't removing them from event vaults, progression rewards, placement rewards, or champ rewards.

I'm fine with leaving it as is, even though I'm around day 900 and I have quite a few vaulted 4's coming up for me that I won't be able to use.

there needs to be options. it's right there in the names. 'classic legendary' and 'latest legendary'. put the old lads and lasses in classic, and the newest 12 in latest. shoot, have classics 1, and classics 2. or rotate 2 groups through the tokens. but vaulting them out of those tokens is bad for several reasons.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    On day 1195, we get a Moon Knight cover from daily resupply. That's in 2 days for me, and probably about a month or two ago for people who are right at the top. IIRC, this will be the second Moon Knight cover from daily login, yet he was vaulted out of Tokens about 2 weeks ago.

Now this isn't a huge problem, just one of those quirks that has arisen from implementing one system to try and encourage a robust and evolving meta-game, but leaving older, archaic systems in place. I assume that there's going to be a third MK cover for daily login eventually. That'll become a champ level, because I was fortunate enough to get MK finished before he was vaulted. But looking ahead, these daily login covers are going to start to be an anomaly.

In the end, it's only going to be a case of 3 covers for any given character, so maybe it doesn't matter. Is it time to replace the daily login with something different? I've long thought that a monthly calendar style login tracker would be a better alternative, especially since those reset at the start of each month and are considerably less daunting for newcomers than reading about "Day 1195". That was the whole reason for taking away Season numbers, so there's definitely some precedent.

Somewhere around here I commented with a suggestion on the daily resupply as well. I'll refrain from using any of the tired tropes that parade around the forum, however the resupply does certainly reinforce the narrative of a Bolt-on Design philosophy. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that it never changes, though. icon_neutral.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The 4* covers are not a problem of Daily Resupply. The problem is within random rewards like Standard Tokens, Health Packs, etc.
    This is ridiculous that after 1000 days of playing we still get such rewards.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Whatever happened to the notion that Elite Tokens would be replacing Standard Tokens in most cases? Or was that misinterpreted?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Whatever happened to the notion that Elite Tokens would be replacing Standard Tokens in most cases? Or was that misinterpreted?

they replaced them as a progression reward, for something. i dunno. but replace them completely? nah.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

It was misinterpreted. The wording of the announcement originally said replacing, which is somewhat true but misleading. What they meant was it was replacing it in a few places, not blanket everywhere.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    The 4* covers are not a problem of Daily Resupply. The problem is within random rewards like Standard Tokens, Health Packs, etc.
    This is ridiculous that after 1000 days of playing we still get such rewards.

It would be awesome if these things increased every year or 100 days or so. Like you get an extra health pack, ISO rewards are a tad higher, might pull an Elite instead of a Standard (and the longer you go on, the greater those odds become, ideally to a point that Elites replace Standards entirely).

Having a program that rewards daily play is awesome (I'm due a Surfer in the next 30 days, that'll be pretty cool), but being two years in and getting a Standard token for logging in is almost like giving me a chore. "Oh yay, I get to go to the recruit page and navigate over and open this and then go to my roster and sell it for 100 ISO. I'd rather just have 100 ISO." It's a petty thing to complain about, but it makes the daily random rewards very unexciting.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    What sucks about daily resupply is besides tossing CP in it hasn't changed in too long.

Also it is in severe need of colorless covers.

I saw that I have a red hulkbuster coming in about 200 days.

I've had 5 red for about 4 months now. icon_rolleyes.gif

One thing they've done with vaulting is make those rewards use-able for more players I guess.

I may keep next months elektra black for Crash though, even though they would be my only 3 covers.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily resupply definitely needs a revamp.

from day 1-300: keep it as it is
    301-400 : Double the iso and replace all standards with elite
    401-600 : Double the iso again.
    601-900: double the iso again, change all elite tokens to Heroics, change all Covers earned to colourless
    900+ : Double the iso again, double the CP.

That is in no way a complete revamp but that's a good starting point.
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker

601-900: double the iso again, change all elite tokens to Heroics, change all Covers earned to colourless

And give everyone their retroactive due, right??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • broll

As someone on 383 I support this (even though I know it would never happen)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a list somewhere detailing the cover rewards from the daily resupply?
  • broll
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had been keeping a close on on daily resupply - and staying ahead, champing all characters that were coming up on it.

I have Drax in a few days: and there is no reason to champ him. After that is War Machine x 3: and there is no reason to champ him (guess what will be in "worst of the day" those days?).

With the vaulting world there is simply no reason to try to catch up on the backlog, rather than champing the newest 4*'s first and trying to make the best of this (terrible imo) game change decision.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    What sucks about daily resupply is besides tossing CP in it hasn't changed in too long.

Not sure exactly when it started - possibly the same time they added CP - but I occasionally get Heroic 10-packs now, which is nice. That hasn't replaced the single Heroic, or even "Random" (standard token/boost/health packs) draws.
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Snowcatt, you must champ everything! Secret treasure and rewards await!!!!!!