Venom Bomb is over. I would like to thank...

2»

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're not boosted, but Carnage / Medusa / Wasp made short work of the Carnage / Venom nodes.

Pretty much everywhere else was 4* Cage, 3* Blade, 3* Doc Strange.

And some of us in slice 5 have another 4 hours and 3 clears to go...
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I'd like to thank 3* Blade, 3* Dr. Strange, and a usable 4* Cage (3/4/0 Lvl 168) for finally making Venom Bomb actually enjoyable. Like others, I also got to enjoy those symbiote nodes doing only 1 damage after Cage makes 3+ protect tiles. It was also the first time I really played with Blade, as he was one of my latecomer champions.

I'd also like to thank Dormammu for his tip of IM40 + Patch + Doctor Octopus. This team was a wonderful alternative for non-goon nodes, where my Cage and Strange takes a lot of damage. I've never seen a non-goon node go down so quickly before. Too bad I couldn't use this combo on the harder nodes.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to that D3 for removing Carnage's Red power from the final node, so he's 0/5/5. Thank god for 0 Red with a Red feeder.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely Teen Jean. I championed her literally just before the event started - after a couple of lucky BH pulls and shelling out 120CP for her final cover - and she was just an absolute dream to play with.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to thank Demi for vaulting.

Not only I will never champ Tean Jean (maybe in 4 years) but every time she's boosted I'll be beaten in PvE and PvP by people using her.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:

Not only I will never champ Tean Jean (maybe in 4 years) but every time she's boosted I'll be beaten in PvE and PvP by people using her.
    I don't think "thank" means what you think it does.
    I took it easy this event due to RL commitments. Was quite nice. Still got top 50.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Who is really thankful after venom bomb?

I guess I'm thankful to the devs that nerfed Carnage for that Carnage/pink dog/pink dog node. It was bad enough with a ton of strike and attack tiles on the board, red AOE damage on top of that would have been too much.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:

My teen jean is at 100 (1/5/5) and has been for over a year. I finished 10th in this pve. Theres plenty of other great options (C4ge is a pve beast for events like this) which will mean you never need to champ Jean... you will just want to.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:

My teen jean is at 100 (1/5/5) and has been for over a year. I finished 10th in this pve. Theres plenty of other great options (C4ge is a pve beast for events like this) which will mean you never need to champ Jean... you will just want to.

And you don't need more ISO, you just want to earn more.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    On all Carnage nodes I used a Carnage of my own and Medusa (and someone else but they didn't matter much). It was glorious! Managed to get several Meddles one after the other and did over 10k Attack Tile damage icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

And you don't need more ISO, you just want to earn more.

The difference here is you do need iso to progress but you don't need teen jean to progress. In fact you can get by perfectly fine and compete at a high level without her - can the same be said of iso?