Provide Loaners in 4-Star Essentials After Release Events

DesertTortoise
DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
It's always a pain to have to use an undercovered 4-star in one of the two hardest nodes in each subevent after a 4-star release. If we were to receive a full covered loaner for the 4-star essential node after a new release event, that'd really make the scaling and handicap of a barely usable 4-star much more manageable. It would also give the players a way better idea of what type of synergy new characters have with characters they already use. It would also prevent total nightmares like the event after the Agent Venom release where his powers at low covers proved to be a massive hindrance to any team.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pretty much treat all essential PvE nodes as 2-on-3.

In the 2-star node the featured 2-star is at such a disadvantage against scaling that they're rarely of any use. The 3-star node is better, but rarely does the featured character work into the optimal strategy for the enemies. The 4-star node is better yet, but I'm transitioning into that tier and only have nine champs out of the forty-some 4-stars, so I'm typically stuck with someone under-covered or under-leveled in comparison to scaling.

So... I pick my toughest two and they bust their backs for me.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    I pretty much treat all essential PvE nodes as 2-on-3.

In the 2-star node the featured 2-star is at such a disadvantage against scaling that they're rarely of any use. The 3-star node is better, but rarely does the featured character work into the optimal strategy for the enemies. The 4-star node is better yet, but I'm transitioning into that tier and only have nine champs out of the forty-some 4-stars, so I'm typically stuck with someone under-covered or under-leveled in comparison to scaling.

So... I pick my toughest two and they bust their backs for me.

For damage-only that's true, 2* Human Torch for example is pretty sad (although even he can use Flame Jet to get an extra hit in with your other strong strike tiles presumably). For 2*s with some decent utility that has little to do with number scaling (AP gen/steal, tile generation, stuns) they can still be pretty good team members. 2* Magneto is generally pretty good for generating blue AP, making match 5s, and blowing up huge chunks of the board.