Why will CS swap a Latest but not a Classic?

GCBrad
GCBrad Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Maybe I missed the rationale on this, but can someone tell me why CS will swap out a Latest Legends 5-star if you get a duplicate, but they won't do it for Classics?

On day 1202 here and still haven't gotten 13 covers for any of my 5-stars. Finally got a 13th Phoenix but it's for a color I already had at 5... CS says they'd swap it if it was a latest but since it's a Classic, I'm S.O.L.

Why is this line being drawn between Latest and Classic? Anybody know?

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    To keep the whales happy.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a perk of spending the extra 5 commandpoints.png
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Because they want people buying the more expensive token. Because they recognize that the amount of randomness in endgame progression is too high but not enough to make them actually change anything in-game, so they shunt the work onto CS. Because their spaghetti code is too confusing for them to change, so they instead institute confusing and annoying workarounds that lets them avoid fixing it.

Pick one or more.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Because whales don't buy Classics and nobody else matters so why take the 5 minutes to make our day?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I certainly understand the frustration with the policy, Brigby has already commented on this matter before:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the 5-Star swap policy only applying to Latest Legends.

The reason Customer Support no longer offers Classic cover swaps is due to the sheer number of requests they received in the past. There was such an influx of this request that these tickets started burying and overshadowing more severe issues players were reporting; crashes, lost accounts, and unauthorized purchases, for example.

We still wanted to offer this service, but we didn't want to do so at the expense of ignoring these more serious tickets. That's why we had to restrict it to only Latest Legends in order to allow for everyone's ticket to receive adequate amount of time and attention.

Original post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58499&start=20#p633628

Locking this thread as the question has been answered. If you wish to discuss further the merits of said policy, you can do so here. However, please remember to keep it clean and constructive. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.