Latest Legends/Classic Legends.

Hyposphere6234
Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
This may have been suggested before but in a potential fix to the vaulting system I'll add my views.

Why not let these tokens live up to their name and not make the only difference being the 5*'s?

Latest Legends contain only the newer 5*'s plus the latest 12 4*'s.

Classic Legends contain everyone else before them.

It means that all Legendary Tokens keep their status of attaining solely the newer characters for the people focusing solely on them. Latest Legends only have an extra cost of five command points for a smaller selection of characters.

Classic Legends should mean what it means, it's already limited on older 5*s but it also only includes the latest twelve 4*s. This makes no sense.

My roster includes:

Quake 1/1/2
Red Hulk 0/2/2
Nova 2/1/2
Kate Bishop 2/1/2
Spider-Gwen 0/2/3
War Machine 3/1/0

In a matter of days I've spent command points on "classic legends" and they're only contributing to the "latest." I have plenty of classics needing covers and have to rely purely on RNG from a guaranteed latest twelve to receive one.

I'd rather have a diluted system of receiving covers over one with severe restrictions and reliance purely on luck.

To reiterate, you have two ways to spend command points. Make their namesakes worthwhile. If people are wanting to focus on the latest covers then they will be willing to spend an extra five command points on the "latest" covers. There's far more many people still needing the "classics."

However diluted the classics are, people still need them.

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't spent CP on anything other than buying covers for the older 4*s I want to finish off since they introduced the vaulting. I've been working on some of them for far too long to just leave pulling their covers up to the RNG Bonus Hero Gods.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I haven't spent CP on anything other than buying covers for the older 4*s I want to finish off since they introduced the vaulting. I've been working on some of them for far too long to just leave pulling their covers up to the RNG Bonus Hero Gods.

Yeah I'm pretty much going to go with this.

I pulled a sixth red cover for Medusa yesterday. It's one thing getting a duplicate cover for 40+ 4*'s, but when you're given a duplicate cover with a method in which you're going to level up newer characters faster... my Mordo is already 2/5/0 and my Medusa is 2/5/0 and I've already drawn a sixth cover for one of them. Quake is still sitting at 1/1/2 even though she was my first "favourite." Medusa was a 1/1/0 when the vaulting first took place and I'm already selling covers.

I'll follow your lead in my spending of CP! I'll stick my "favourites" onto characters with one of their zero covers and hope that the 1/hahaha chance of getting it finally happens.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This may have been suggested before but in a potential fix to the vaulting system I'll add my views.

Why not let these tokens live up to their name and not make the only difference being the 5*'s?

Latest Legends contain only the newer 5*'s plus the latest 12 4*'s.

Classic Legends contain everyone else before them.

There is no need for the tokens to be limited in this fashion as it forces people to have to choose between their 5*s and 4*s of choice, the 5*s are the headline act of the token and as such should be the ones that define the name of the token and dictate your choice.

Just make two versions of each LT, one only includes the latest 12 4* like we have now and the other includes all 4* (including latest 12) instead.