Couple PVP questions

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been browsing around the forums the past couple days too lazy to make this post. (checking grammar/spelling, forming vague thoughts into coherent sentences, yawn) I assumed somebody had already asked these questions and that I would eventually find the thread. Never did.

1) When you're attacked by another player, which of your characters will be in the match? Is it your highest level characters every time? What if you have 5 characters all the same level, how are they selected? Is there a way to see/know who's showing up in your defensive team?

2) In themed tournaments, if I have a high level Thor, is that guy automatically in my party instead of the newbie lvl 6 guest Thor?

3) What is the point of retaliation? Is it just to gain some sense of revenge for being beaten? Or do you get more points for a retaliation than you would for a regular match? Does the other guy lose points if you beat him in a retaliation? Can you retaliate a retaliation? I swear I've seen some of the same names over and over.

Comments

• viewtopic.php?f=7&t=584

That thread was up just yesterday.
  • pumkin wrote:
    1) When you're attacked by another player, which of your characters will be in the match? Is it your highest level characters every time? What if you have 5 characters all the same level, how are they selected? Is there a way to see/know who's showing up in your defensive team?
    The last three characters that you used in that tournament are what is used by the AI when you are attacked.
    pumkin wrote:
    2) In themed tournaments, if I have a high level Thor, is that guy automatically in my party instead of the newbie lvl 6 guest Thor?
    No it isn't automatic, so be careful that you don't accidentally go into a battle with the Level 6 Thor and leave your Level 70+ Thor on the bench. Side note, when you realize that you did that, if you retreat all of your characters take damage. So you depending on what you are up against, you may want to try to get through it with what you have.
    pumkin wrote:
    3) What is the point of retaliation? Is it just to gain some sense of revenge for being beaten? Or do you get more points for a retaliation than you would for a regular match? Does the other guy lose points if you beat him in a retaliation? Can you retaliate a retaliation? I swear I've seen some of the same names over and over.
    From what I can see there is no difference in the point system if you are retaliating. It does seem to play on the human desire to pay back injury or injury. But take some time to look. The person may be much lower than you in the tournament. So he attacks you and gets 40 points, you attack him and get 15. You can continue to battle back and forth, but the person on the lower end of the leader board will end up with more bang for his buck. I usually only retaliate if I can get 35+ for doing so.