PVE/PVP and leveling

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I am still working through the PVE portion of the game, and doing a little PVP. It occurs to me that there are some chars that are better for PVE and some better for PVP. Generally I have been leveling Storm, Iron Man and Black Widow (the ones I got early on). Is this a bad strategy? It seems like big chunks of iso-8 will probably drop off after I finish the PVE stuff, which may limit how fast I can level cards. Taking all of that into account, should I just level the cards I plan on using for PVP? Should a split the Iso stuff among a bunch of cards to be able to use as many as possible in PVP, or should I build one PVE team and one PVP team? Any suggestions on how to spend?

Comments

• I would focus on Thor and classic storm for now as they are good for both PVP and PVE.
  • From my experience, PVE can be done with low level heroes wheras PVP you typically want higher levels. Widow is the best PVP chara out of those three, followed by Storm. The only prob with modern Storm is that classic Storm is better. For PVE, Hawkeye is the best out of the starters.

Also, keep in mind that PVP offers the best way to gain ISO and level up. It makes sense to have a good PVP team that you can farm with, even if you use it to fuel characters for PVE.
  • As Dugan says, Thor and Classic Storm are the best characters available in PVE (better than Wolverine, better than Iron Man, better than Black Widow, better than Modern Storm, and better than any of the Dark Avengers). They are also two of the best characters all-around in the current game.

Their covers drop in the later PVE missions and it's worth trying to collect them and level them up. Especially since they are boosted in this week's tournament.

If I were starting all over again, this is probably the route I would take.
  • Yup, Classic Storm and Thor are pretty much the only decent 2* characters, with Daken at third. Good thing is that you can find covers to max them pretty easily
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Yup, Classic Storm and Thor are pretty much the only decent 2* characters, with Daken at third. Good thing is that you can find covers to max them pretty easily

*cough*Wolverine*cough*
  • Ranzera wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Yup, Classic Storm and Thor are pretty much the only decent 2* characters, with Daken at third. Good thing is that you can find covers to max them pretty easily

*cough*Wolverine*cough*

wolverine is amazing, too bad he shares colors with thor. I think he's actually better than thor but i prefer thor/daken combo to wolverine. If i move on from daken i might start using wolverine over thor.