Sam Wilson with Dr Strange bug [solved]

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
If you run them 2 together and get Dr Strange blue countdown out every turn it does dmg and reduce AP from enemy.

If you have it out and match a blue Sam Wilson will reduce the counter by 1 but it will not do any damage or reduce AP.

I have had this happen to me everytime I use them both together so it is not a one off thing. I am running 5* Strange as well.

I had a cascade of blue matches and his countdown went all the way to 0 and did not do any damage or reduce AP from enemy

Running V122.0 on Steam

Comments

• Leeroid86
    Leeroid86 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    It's doing it with all countdown tiles. It benefits you when using im40 though! Lol but yeah it is reducing timers as well as strengthening other tiles
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    this isn't a bug as per se....just a good reason to not use that combo
    Strange's countdown does damage and destroys AP at the beginning of each of your turns that it is active then counts down
    so if it counts down outside of the start of your turn nothing happens
    which is also what happens if you target Strange's countdown with Executive Decision

so Working as IntendedTM
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'd probably count this one as 'intended' as well, although you could debate otherwise.

The countdown is, well, counted down due to Sam Wilson's blue matches, but it doesn't resolve (reach 0). Dr. Strange's tile is special in the sense that it does not trigger its effect upon resolving, but by being present on the board in your turn. That's different from, say, Human Torch's green tile, or the green tile from 3* Blade that drains AP.
  • Leeroid86
    Leeroid86 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I realised Once you put more than 3 covers in his blue it reduces a timer on a countdown tile by one. So it's not a bug, just more of an annoyance that you lose a turn of damage and ap steal when it's a dr.strange countdown tile
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, what you've described is normal gameplay functionality for both Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)'s and Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)'s Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (Blue) power. As this ability description states "each turn" for the trigger, the power will activate at the beginning of each turn so long as the countdown tile is still on the board, rather than whenever the countdown tile decreases through other means. There are a few characters that have this wording, so you'll need to be careful when making teams to prevent conflicting strategies.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is something to watch out for with countdown-reducing allies in general. Some countdowns you want to stay out as long as they can, some are best when they complete quickly.

Sometimes you'll run these combinations anyway, because of other synergies. I ran 4* Captain America with Mr. Fantastic in Venom Bomb recently because while San reduced the Imaginaut countdown, he was also boosting the protect tiles Mr. F kept making.