How are your 199 event opponents determined?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I participated in my first event last week and fought lots of opponents with very low level heroes, sometimes just level 1. As my heroes are level 20+, I did rather well and got a top 25 finish. So this week I am paired against lots of opponents with level 50+ heroes, and get crushed. So I am trying to find out how this works, to get into a bracket of opponents around my level. Is this a long-term ELO / ladder system? Or does it only count your result of the previous tournament? The Tips and Guides section also suggested it might depend on whether you join an event early or late. Can somebody enlighten me how all this works exactly?

Comments

• First of all, your bracket is one thing, opponents you fight another. What I mean is that you are ranked within bracket against 199 other players, but you can fight any player, even those outside your bracket (in fact the chance of facing someone from your bracket is quite low due to sheer number of active players).

Secondly, as IceIX explained your ranking is based upon all of your past matches and you are faced against players who perform on similar level as you. To be honest, top 25 with team of just level 20's is quite an achievement and definitely increased your long term standing icon_razz.gif Unfortunate result of this is that you might be now slightly out of your league icon_neutral.gif I reckon you are new player, so your standing might be quite volatile, but with time it will average out and you should be facing opponents you are comfortable with.

Thirdly, bracket you are in is not predetermined by anything. Brackets are filled as players join the tournament and battle for the first time. Therefore, theory about joining late is that most active/strongest players join right away, so if you wait you might get an 'easier' bracket. Which I guess happened to you last week and hence you got such great result.
  • I would love specifics, but until then the skip button is your best friend.