Multiple hits per match in PvP & Shielding

irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
Please fix this long standing bug.

Surely you did not intend to design a system where the best choice for progressing and enjoying the game is to simply shield and not play at all. This has to be a bug. Because what kind of intelligent person designs a game where the best strategy is to turtle up and not play? A system where during one match where I earn 40 points I can lose over 100, meaning my better option was to actually shield and not play? That just can't be right. I'm assuming the developer wants us to play as much as possible. Therefore the current system must be a bug.

Thank you.

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    I understand your frustration - i personally avoid the upper levels of pvp to avoid frustration and waste of resources - but it's highly unlikely that a condescending forum post in the improper section (this is a suggestion, not a bug) is going to fix anything or create a constructive conversation to begin addressing your issues.

[insult removed]

Moderator note: keep it civil.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback.
  • fr0stythebroman
    fr0stythebroman Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I just came here to see if anyone else hates this as much as I do. It's ridiculous. I needed 100 points to get the 900 reward. In two matches I lost almost 300 points, and gained about 60.

If nothing else, it'd be nice if losing didn't set back progression points, and only affected placement.

After dropping from 17th place to 80th in ONE match in the previous event (all I wanted was a blue Coulson. That's all), making the 450 HP I spent on shields a complete waste, as all I got was 2* Captain Marvel as my reward, I've come to terms with the fact that placement in pvp is a joke, and i'm not trying anymore. Especially since, looking at the top 5 players in this event, every single one of the has every 5* champed, and over 2000 points.

There's pay-to-win, then there's spitting in the face of dedicated players that, even if they do pay, and dedicate hours at a time to playing, don't stand a chance of getting anything other than the same rewards you get for playing the tutorial.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    If nothing else, it'd be nice if losing didn't set back progression points, and only affected placement.

An absolutely perfect solution. This would make PVP SO much more enjoyable.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    irwando wrote:
    Please fix this long standing bug.

Surely you did not intend to design a system where the best choice for progressing and enjoying the game is to simply shield and not play at all.

Yes, if for shielding you (basically) have to pay money icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best way to win benefits the company the best and that's spending money on shields. They want people to buy shields, they will never fix the system because it's not broken to them.  It's been  broken for years for the players. The current  system is the definition of demoralizing. The worst is starting a match, the game crashes and the time it takes you to log back in, your down 300+ points plus the health you lost for the game crashing.