Vaulting -> global 4* champion rewards?

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, *one* of the issues people have raised with vaulting is the fact that people with vaulted 4* champions will not be able to add (many) levels to them (which means they won't gain much power over time), nor receive the associated champion rewards for those levels.

I don't have a solution to the first problem. But the champion rewards issue could be handled by simply moving to a global 4* champion rewards list. IOW, one 4* champion cover applied gets you the next champion reward in the list, regardless of which character received the champ level. Unlike the 3* champions, they don't give specific covers out anyway, so just cycling through the reward list wouldn't have too many complications.

Obviously, having the ability to just pull from a latest or a classics 4* pool would be ideal. But if that's not going to happen, this would at least make things a bit better.

Thoughts? Comments?

EDIT - this is specifically for 4* champions. I don't believe the 3* champs are as much of an issue, as they are *supposed* to be rotated regularly, AFAIK.

EDIT 2 - It might be a good change regardless of whether 4*s are vaulted. Champ levels on 3*s are slow enough - reaching the "good" rewards on 4* champs is absolutely glacial. Cycling a global rewards list would help smooth the 4*/5* progression a bit.

Comments

• whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    So, *one* of the issues people have raised with vaulting is the fact that people with vaulted 4* champions will not be able to add (many) levels to them (which means they won't gain much power over time), nor receive the associated champion rewards for those levels.

I don't have a solution to the first problem. But the champion rewards issue could be handled by simply moving to a global 4* champion rewards list. IOW, one 4* champion cover applied gets you the next champion reward in the list, regardless of which character received the champ level. Unlike the 3* champions, they don't give specific covers out anyway, so just cycling through the reward list wouldn't have too many complications.

Obviously, having the ability to just pull from a latest or a classics 4* pool would be ideal. But if that's not going to happen, this would at least make things a bit better.

Thoughts? Comments?

EDIT - this is specifically for 4* champions. I don't believe the 3* champs are as much of an issue, as they are *supposed* to be rotated regularly, AFAIK.

EDIT 2 - It might be a good change regardless of whether 4*s are vaulted. Champ levels on 3*s are slow enough - reaching the "good" rewards on 4* champs is absolutely glacial. Cycling a global rewards list would help smooth the 4*/5* progression a bit.

Why do people keep saying this when what they told us would happen is the exact opposite, they are going to rotate out and new ones come in only. They go away just like the 4*'s do.
  • MarkersMake
    Why do people keep saying this when what they told us would happen is the exact opposite, they are going to rotate out and new ones come in only. They go away just like the 4*'s do.
    Brigby wrote:
    Newest Characters in Packs:
    Also, starting with Bonus Heroes, packs will contain the newest characters. In packs that have 4-Stars, you will be able to get the 12 latest 4-Stars that have been released. For 3-Stars, you will be able to get 20 3-Stars chosen by the Design team at Demiurge Studios. Whenever a new character is introduced into these packs, the oldest character will be rotated out of the pack.
    The wording is a bit ambiguous, but you may be correct. The wording on the 4*s is that tokens will always contain the latest 4*s, whereas 3*s will be a list chosen by demiurge, not necessarily just the most recent 3*s.

So if they only change the 3* list when new 3*s are released, then it does eventually become a "latest 20" list, and you are correct. If they make changes other than that, then it remains a curated list - all we know for sure is that the oldest character(s) will be the ones swapped out (oldest by release date? By length of time in tokens?).

EDIT - Maybe@__ can clarify about the 3*s?

icon_e_wink.gif
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Straight from the Announcement:

For 3-Stars, you will be able to get 20 3-Stars chosen by the Design team at Demiurge Studios. Whenever a new character is introduced into these packs, the oldest character will be rotated out of the pack.

Doesn't sound ambiguous at all.
  • MarkersMake

For 3-Stars, you will be able to get 20 3-Stars chosen by the Design team at Demiurge Studios. Whenever a new character is introduced into these packs, the oldest character will be rotated out of the pack.

That's... That's exactly the quote I just posted.

Look, I'll be clearer: the ambiguity is with the word "new". Because the 4*s are defined as latest 12, "new" means "newly released to the game". Because the 3*s are curated, "new" could also mean "newly introduced to the tokens", and not necessarily "newly released to the game".

Got it?
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in day 958 with a couple of months break in between and i always assume the worse when it comes to this game. That's how i mitigate the disappointment i feel when they make changes.
  • whycantwesyncpc

That's... That's exactly the quote I just posted.

Look, I'll be clearer: the ambiguity is with the word "new". Because the 4*s are defined as latest 12, "new" means "newly released to the game". Because the 3*s are curated, "new" could also mean "newly introduced to the tokens", and not necessarily "newly released to the game".

Got it?

Your stretching. All it says is that the oldest character will be rotated out. If they weren't adding 3*'s when they add 5's I could maybe see your point, but until they show it to be anything other then the vaulting they have already done I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that it will be handled the same way.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, I did a quick look at the forum character pages for 3*s. Found that Steve Rogers' page was created in March '14. Gamora's page was created in Nov '14. Steve is in tokens, Gamora is not. They are using some other measure to decide which 3's are in tokens, not just most recent 20.

It MIGHT be popularity among players and/or general Marvel fans. And/or how unique the character is among tiers. Ex: the only current Daredevil is a 3*, so they included him so that players who like DD can acquire him.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    bluewolf wrote:
    OK, I did a quick look at the forum character pages for 3*s. Found that Steve Rogers' page was created in March '14. Gamora's page was created in Nov '14. Steve is in tokens, Gamora is not. They are using some other measure to decide which 3's are in tokens, not just most recent 20.

It MIGHT be popularity among players and/or general Marvel fans. And/or how unique the character is among tiers. Ex: the only current Daredevil is a 3*, so they included him so that players who like DD can acquire him.

Says right in the announcement that the developers picked the starting 20.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    These characters are initially comprised of characters that the Design team has chosen.

That's all they really say. I assumed the 3*s would cycle too, but it doesn't really say that.

As for the global champ rewards, I like the idea in general, but I don't think it addresses the issue. After peggy is vaulted, I'll only have 1 champ in the 12, so I still can't get champ rewards.

This might be a new solution to wasted covers tho. Instead of selling covers for iso we could turn them into rewards, so selling the 10th cover gets you something more than your 1st.