Danger Room (persistently-available training nodes)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times but there *MUST* be a place where players can experiment with new combinations of covers outside competitive events.

I recommend a node for each of the common NPC teams, goons, symbiotes, mutants, hand, etc., and not implemented with the constraints found in the Deadpool Daily Quest format.

I didn't peruse forum rules regarding poll creation but you know...if people want this--why not??
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Two of Clubs
    Two of Clubs Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    This would be a perfect thing to appear after the tutorial is 100% complete!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't there used to be a 'Danger Room'? I remember something like that from launch. Or is that what turned into the SHIELD Simulator?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    I want to give you the courtesy of reading that content since you took the time to supply it, and I can only assume it's germane somehow...you feel the but coming too, don't you?

BUT!!!

That was a lot of Tee-El-Dee-Ar, man! #TLDR

I can't sift through all that and expect to be on the same page--I can only speculate about relevance.

Thanks for chiming in, but if it's all the same to you--can you just summarize the gist of your intended point?

I tried to deduce some meaning from some of the succinct messages and I get it's been suggested before, but the key points as to why/why not are amiss to me.

I cannot see why this isn't offered. An alliance mate suggested people might abuse healers, and I admit that is a risk but I think capping heals to the level of health (or disabling altogether) is a fair condition of use and nobody should complain given proper advertisement that loss of all healing abilities are one of the caveats of use.

I am trying to be fair-minded and consider the prospect from a proponent and opponent perspective. Barring the possible abuse, but also proposed solution, I cannot think of a single reason this isn't a feature. It would add not only value to the factor of replayability but also a layer of depth that is needed in terms of team diversity (lesser-known chemistries of different character dynamics), which cannot really be explored without risking position or advancement in the daily struggle to keep up with the curve that is MPQ.

I am not the kind of person that is happy with the mold. Tried-and-proven methods are fine--they have their place, but out-of-the-box thinkers need to break the mold.

I did see a suggestion to disable point loss in the S.H.I.E.L.D. sim and that is an option but it lacks the challenge of the NPC teams faced in PvE, and I think the new behemoth node in deadpool's daily would be great, if it didn't have the character restrictions, or at least let people replay it with no prospect of additional rewards and different character loadouts.

Cheers!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    My point is only that this is a request that has been popping up since 2014, and hasn't been implemented. In short, I wish you good luck with this attempt, and don't hold your breath.